Hacking A little info please

ibroxgaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 3ds old one on the very first firmware never been used as I had 2, my question is should I buy a game with 9.0.0 firmware and install cfw through soundhax or should I do the all versions one and buy a compatible flashcart, thanks for your help in advance.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I have a 3ds old one on the very first firmware never been used as I had 2, my question is should I buy a game with 9.0.0 firmware and install cfw through soundhax or should I do the all versions one and buy a compatible flashcart, thanks for your help in advance.
If you buy compatible flashcart, you can use it to play DS games after you are done with NTRBoot. So, it is going to be more value for your money.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: Deleted User

ibroxgaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you buy compatible flashcart, you can use it to play DS games after you are done with NTRBoot. So, it is going to be more value for your money.
thanks for the info, could I dump my 3ds games I believe using god mode and play them off a sd card or do I need a flashcart to play them, sorry for being a noob.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Why bother with a flashcart? There are almost no games that come with a FW lower than 9.0, just get the cheapest game you can find if you got none at all, update and if it's above 9.0.1 you can instantly install CFW and do whatever you want. As for dumping, GM9 works great as suggested already.

ibroxgaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why bother with a flashcart? There are almost no games that come with a FW lower than 9.0, just get the cheapest game you can find if you got none at all, update and if it's above 9.0.1 you can instantly install CFW and do whatever you want. As for dumping, GM9 works great as suggested already.
I thought after 11.3.0 you need a compatable flashcart to do the all versions method as I was thinking of buying gardening mama forest friends for the 9.0.0 update thank you for your input.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I thought after 11.3.0 you need a compatable flashcart to do the all versions method as I was thinking of buying gardening mama forest friends for the 9.0.0 update thank you for your input.
Yes. After 11.3 you need flashcard (or do DSiWare transfer or do hardmod).
With flashcard he can play DS games and can update to any FW he wants (and downgrade), while still being able to hack his 3DS. So it makes much more sense (more value for money).

It's your decision. Buy 3DS game card (you have to find game that will update to max 11.3) and hack your 3DS or buy DS flashcard (and don't care about what FW you have) and hack your 3DS while being able to play DS games.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You do need a flashcart for the simplest method if above 11.3, but you are on 1.0.0, you shouldn't even be worrying about such things! Anything between 9.0.1 and 11.3 will work fine for you and get you CFW. Why are you so insistent on doing the all firmwares method? The soundhax method works for all version between 9.1 and 11.3 and if you are between 9.0.1 and 9.1 you can instead just replace soundhax with browserhax and still install CFW without a flashcart.

With flashcard he can play DS games and can update to any FW he wants (and downgrade), while still being able to hack his 3DS. So it makes much more sense (more value for money).

It's your decision. Buy 3DS game card (you have to find game that will update to max 11.3) and hack your 3DS or buy DS flashcard (and don't care about what FW you have) and hack your 3DS while being able to play DS games.
Using TWLoader you can already play almost all decent or above games without any issues since it has quite a nice compatibility. As for upgrading and downgrading, what is even the point? Only reason to downgrade is if you want GW, which isn't worth it and you can just stay on last update just fine with CFW, so I don't see how that's even gonna justify the flashcart... As for the not caring about FW he has, flashcart compatibility can be shaky unless he gets a really good one. But yes, his choice, but a simple game to update is easier since you can find games everywhere, unlike flashcarts.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
You do need a flashcart for the simplest method if above 11.3, but you are on 1.0.0, you shouldn't even be worrying about such things! Anything between 9.0.1 and 11.3 will work fine for you and get you CFW. Why are you so insistent on doing the all firmwares method? The soundhax method works for all version between 9.1 and 11.3 and if you are between 9.0.1 and 9.1 you can instead just replace soundhax with browserhax and still install CFW without a flashcart.

Using TWLoader you can already play almost all decent or above games without any issues since it has quite a nice compatibility. As for upgrading and downgrading, what is even the point? Only reason to downgrade is if you want GW, which isn't worth it and you can just stay on last update just fine with CFW, so I don't see how that's even gonna justify the flashcart... As for the not caring about FW he has, flashcart compatibility can be shaky unless he gets a really good one. But yes, his choice, but a simple game to update is easier since you can find games everywhere, unlike flashcarts.
You can play them via TWLoader, but it's unreliable. I am so keen, because he can buy cheap flashcard (for $5) and be able to hack his 3DS and be able to play ALL DS games.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You can play them via TWLoader, but it's unreliable. I am so keen, because he can buy cheap flashcard (for $5) and be able to hack his 3DS and be able to play ALL DS games.
That "5$" can differ GREATLY between countries, just because there it's cheap, doesn't mean it's everywhere. Here flashcarts cost almost 60€ for example! As for TWLoader, I mainly want to play Pokemon Platinum (my own ROM hack) and it works just fine without any framedrops or stutters.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
That "5$" can differ GREATLY between countries, just because there it's cheap, doesn't mean it's everywhere. Here flashcarts cost almost 60€ for example! As for TWLoader, I mainly want to play Pokemon Platinum (my own ROM hack) and it works just fine without any framedrops or stutters.
Show me flashcard that can be used for Ntrboot and cost that much. He can buy $9 Acekard from nds-card.com

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Show me flashcard that can be used for Ntrboot and cost that much. He can buy $9 Acekard from nds-card.com
That site has the "5$ flashcart" you mentioned at 20+$ first of all and even with free shipping, there's wait and depending on country there may even be import fees. For some countries, those fees can go fairly high... Anyway, there are two options, don't know how the importing of flashcarts works for UK, so let's leave it up to the OP to decide what to do. We already gave him suggestions so it's all good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good morning