A little help needed (PSP-2000FB)

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Nekoxid, Oct 12, 2009.

Oct 12, 2009
  1. Nekoxid
    OP

Newcomer Nekoxid Member

Japan
    I need a little help (also sorry if there's some problem with my english).

So... My old PSP died so, I bought a "new" (or rather a slightly used - but it's in top condition) PSP, but I'm not sure at all if it's hackable or not.

First some information:
    It's a PSP-2000FB, and the Box code is G (so it can be V1, V2 or V3). Because this is a Japanese PSP, there's no date code on the back where the battery is.
    I know that at this point the next information would be the firmware version that came with the PSP however... The person who sent me the PSP "kindly" upgraded it to 6.00 before shipping it (there was a problem with the package, so I had to give an access to check the package for me before re-sending it to me again) so I have no idea at all what was the original FW (however I'm 100% sure it was not 6.00 as that FW came out a few weeks ago, and the original "date of purchase" date (for the previous owner) does not match up with that at all).

Another tip I got from a various Japanese sites, that I should check the serial number on the box (where the boxcode is) but the ones for the 2000FB does not match up at all with mine (they all refer to the ones with the serials S01-47xxxxx while mine starts with S01-46xxxxx).

(Ah also about opening my PSP: out of question!)

So at this point I'm out of ideas. My question: how can I check if my PSP is hackable?

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Box Code G - In all probability it's a Slim with a TA-088v3 motherboard. There's a tiny chance it's a TA-088v2, but the only way you'll ascertain that now is with a Pandora battery.

3. Nekoxid
    OP

Newcomer Nekoxid Member

Japan
    Thanks for the reply.

I have a spare battery which is just perfect for the hardmodding, however... I'm not sure which method should I use from the tutorial (aside from the Phat battery method)?

4. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Personally i'd use the Buy a cheap Pandora from Deal Extreme method over hardmodding. I appreciate it's another 6 or so USD but it's far better not to mutilate your own stuff, especially if you actually have a genuine battery.

Use Rain's UltraLite MMS Maker for 5.00 M33-4 v1.2 for the Memory Stick.