A little help for an utter newbie?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Alttabstwist, Jan 30, 2010.

Jan 30, 2010
  1. Alttabstwist
    OP

Newcomer Alttabstwist Member

United Kingdom
    I'm trying to get a backup of No More Heroes 2 to work on my modded PAL Wii. I read that I need to install the latest cios and try booting the game in neogamma, however, these programs simply aren't showing up in my homebrew channel. The only that are are GEEXBOX and Regionfree (which always says "this is not a valid Wii application). I've only had this problem recently, can anyone help me? This is what my SD root looks like:

[​IMG]

I have the same problem when copying all the folders over to my USB stick too.

thanks

2. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    Refer to the "After Modding" section here in the first post

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

your SD structure looks shot to sh*t by the looks on it, all HBC app go in */apps/*****/boot.dol or boot.elf

* = SD or USB device
    ***** = Name of app

Apps must be renamed to boot.dol or boot.elf NOT efueufbe.dol or gsdfgdgvgr.elf

3. Alttabstwist
    OP

Newcomer Alttabstwist Member

United Kingdom
    ahhhh, thanks, things are working now in the homebrew channel.

when I try to launch NMH 2 through Gamma it states that I need IOS249. Is this the 38-53-55 I've heard about? And do I install them via WAD manager?

4. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    that wounld be stating you need a cIOS not IOS, cIOS is a modified IOS38 that let you load from disk and USB(HDD) backups

what guide did you follow?

if a game hangs at a black screen then that means you are missing a required IOS for that game to run properly. to make sure you have all the need IOS's and cIOS use that same guide i linked in the first post then try NeoGamma again and it should work

If you have trouble following that guide then in all honesty you should be mooding any wii