A Hat In Time to release this autumn

image.jpeg

In 2013, developer Gears For Breakfast began a Kickstarter campaign, and raised 300k dollars for a game that promised to be a throwback to N64-era platformers. Nearly three years after the game, titled a Hat in Time, was set to initially release, we now finally have a solid release date for it. Slated for a fall release of this year, the game will also be getting console versions, on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, as well as release on Windows/Mac as noted on the original Kickstarter page. Grant Kirkhope, of Banjo Kazooie fame (and currently writing tracks for Mario and Rabbids Kingdom Battle) will also be composing a few songs for the soundtrack as well. A Hat in Time is a puzzle platformer, with five large worlds to adventure in, with more areas to be added as DLC later on. The game will also boast both local and online co-op.

:arrow: Source

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What i really don't like that much is the overused double jump on platformers. Couldn't they relly on a single jump and desgin the levels for one jump experience? At least make the double jump when touching the ground a la mario, not that double jump mid air...
While I'm not sure how well it applies in 3D space, at least in 2D having a double jump allows for much more varied and interesting jumps than only a single jump.

CodyMitchel2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love how every time a new game is announced or a release date for a new game is set, the Switch is never listed. I'm really worried about the Switch. It started out great and now it's becoming the Wii U 2.0, I'm afraid! For one, where the hell is the damn Virtual Console and video streaming apps. Also why can't we move our games on the screen or even have folder support?

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oo interesting how far opinions can differ ...

All of you saying it looks so good made me interested to have a look into the video and damn this loocks so bad for me !
The place they are walking trough in the video on kickstarter looks so empty and cold and the grafic of the level remainded me of Super Mario 64 just worse.

Usually I am not looking to much out for good look as long as the gameplay is good but at least from the Video I have seen "I" would not touch this game ...

edit
the vid isaac posted is looks a tiny little bit better but still bad

Last edited by Youkai,

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
I know the developer of this game, from way back on a Mario fangaming site. He was always an incredible programmer, pushing the boundaries and limitations the program we all used back then. I'm glad to see that this game, after so long, is finally slated for release. Way to go, man!

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I'm not sure how well it applies in 3D space, at least in 2D having a double jump allows for much more varied and interesting jumps than only a single jump.
Donkey Kong Country did an amazing job using a single jump, even the level designs were made with that in mind and the are all beautiful.

Reyn_the_Insane

Mega Man Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Early on they talked about a Wii U version, and now it's coming to every console but Nintendo. Da frick? I really want a Battle for Bikini Bottom spiritual successor on the go/Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer