A few questions...

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Acekard2, Jul 1, 2009.

Jul 1, 2009

A few questions... by Acekard2 at 9:44 AM (878 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Acekard2
    OP

Newcomer Acekard2 Newbie

Greece
    1. How do I use my CycloDS skin in my acekard? Is there a converter somewhere that I can use?

2. If I want to make my own skins, are there any tools that I need to use? Or do I just use another skin and edit the images to whatever I want?

3. I'm having problems using soft reset from homebrew apps... is there any way to fix it? last game I tested was "Explosive Gas 0.8" and it's not working there either.

4. When I'm trying to move through the menu, it scrolls really fast, straight to the bottom (and straight back up to the top again if I'm going up). Is there a way to slow it down? Otherwise the only way I can get to games in the middle of the list is to use the controls. its not a problem, but using the stylus would be so much better if there is a way to fix the fast scrolling.

5. I want to make some suggestions for the next firmware.... where do I do that? Is this forum fine? I went to www.acekard.com but because I don't understand chinese...that doesnt help much! [​IMG]
    --- my suggestion is to make the whole section of a game/file selectable, instead of having to click on the icon to open it (eg. clicking on the name to open it would be better imo)

6. In the properties for a game, it lets me select a save slot..... is that something to do with real time save? (because I didn't think the acekard had that feature)... if it's not, how does it work?

7. My grand theft auto game is running really slow when I'm driving away from the police. any way to make it run faster? I've got a Sandisk 2GB microSD ... don't have any idea what class it is. Do I have to upgrade the microSD card to get it running faster? [​IMG]

Sorry but Im new to this card, so these might be easy questions.... but I still want to know the answers [​IMG]
    THanks

2. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    1. use the background fine but you need a tool to edit the rest of the menu

2. download the theme maker from the acekard website

3. i dont think soft reset works on homebrews. but i could be wrong

4. im using the menu just fine. i just slide it slow to choose my games

5. clicking on the icon does really annoying, doesnt it. but i think suggestion would end up disbanding the AKAIO team even more. *you do this, you do that. let them decide on what to do next but i like your suggestion.

6. acekard dont have RTS but I wonder if it will have on acekard 3?

3. Acekard2
    OP

Newcomer Acekard2 Newbie

Greece
    Thanks for the quick reply [​IMG]

1 & 2. I've found this - http://www.acekard.com/bbs/viewthread.php?...le&tid=3148 - but no theme maker program.
    EDIT: actually, just found something on the downloads page >.> I got the card and put firmware on a month ago,have only just started using it now. Don't remember seeing the skin program links there before (might've missed them)

3. Damn. Oh well...

4. Maybe I just need to get used to it. It's really moving a lot faster than I expected...very hard to control [​IMG] Will ask about it again if I'm still having trouble with it in a few weeks.

5. Then how do they know what people want? [​IMG] Okay, will just have to hope they add that to a firmware soon then...

6. So theres multiple save slots for normal saves? I'll have to check that out, sounds interesting

7. I added that after you saw my post I tihnk. The game still plays so it's no big deal , just a little bit annoying thats all.

Thanks again!

4. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
  5. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Try backing up your microSD card and reformatting it using the Panasonic formatter. That may speed up access to the microSD card. I use a Japanese Kingston 2GB microSD card and don't notice a slow-down with Grand Theft Auto.

-Bri

6. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    you really should be running the akaio firmware. all of the most recent official rom fixes were from the akaio devs, shared with out compensation. check out the akaio wiki which will answer a lot of your questions.

you can join /server irc2.gbatemp.net:5190 /join #acekard and talk to the akaio devs directly. they both speak perfect english.

as for suggestions to the firmware, please read the wiki and gbatemp before you make them. many have been made and were either attempted or will not be implemented. asking those questions again is a quick way to get flamed/kicked/baned/etc.

norm was working on homebrew softreset for akaio but never got it to function correctly. he may return to it again in the future.

-another world

7. Acekard2
    OP

Newcomer Acekard2 Newbie

Greece
    Will keep those things in mind... Thanks

As I don't have IRC I most likely won't be joining the server though.

8. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    you could install mIRC http://www.mirc.com/

and after that, set up your name, nickname, and email (you can use a fake name and email)
    [​IMG]

then to connect easily click this link http://bit.ly/TaKBA and mIRC will open a window asking you to connect.

9. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia