A Few Questions About The TTDS

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by DarkestNova, Apr 6, 2009.

Apr 6, 2009
  1. DarkestNova
    OP

Newcomer DarkestNova Member

United States
    Hey guys. I'm getting a TTDS very soon, and I have a few questions.

My first question is about putting games on the TTDS. I already have a 4 gig Micro, and all that good stuff, but I just want to know this: If a ROM I download has more than just the .nds file, do I have to put all that stuff on the TTDS as well? An example would be GTA Chinatown wars; it comes with the .nds file, and .JPEG file, and some other stuff.. So do I just need the .nds file to play the game correctly?

My second question is about fake killer files. What files do I need, exactly? Here's what my card looks like now:

[​IMG]

So, is my card all ready to go, or am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance, guys [​IMG]

2. funnymoney

Newcomer funnymoney Member

United States
    All you need for the games is the .nds files. I suspect that the other ones are for different cards. For your second question, I have no idea what you mean by fake killer files.

3. DarkestNova
    OP

United States
    Well thank you for verifying that.

Fake Killer is code that is put into TTDS updates that will kill any fake cards, so I was just making sure that I have all files in correct order. Those files that I posted have fake killing code removed.

4. boogerlad

Member boogerlad GBAtemp Regular

United States
    if you have the fake killer disabled .dat, then just replace the standard ttmenu.dat with the one without the fake killer. Just put the .nds the other files aren't necassary.

5. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I don't know what the TTMENU file is that's in the image posted in the OP, but it's not needed. You need the "TTMENU" folder from the official menu, and the fake-killer disabled "TTMENU.DAT" file. You then need to put the .nds files into your Games folder.

-Bri

6. DarkestNova
    OP

United States
    the TTMENU is the .dat
    Are you talking about .SYS?

7. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Sorry I was confused because it doesn't have an extension. It should have an extension. You may need to turn on the option to view file extensions to make sure your files are named properly.

Anyway, you should have the fake-killer disabled TTMENU.DAT file and the official TTMENU folder. TTMENU.SYS is a file that gets created the first time you run your DSTT, so there's no need to copy that one from anywhere.

-Bri

8. DarkestNova
    OP

United States
    Ohh ok. Thanks much [​IMG]

My card now looks like this;

[​IMG]

that right?