FamousBug_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1.) Is 360 hacking firmware specific?

2.) If an xbox is £35 but an unknown version, should I get it?

3.) What emulators can I get?

4.) Is it worth it?

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1) Yes, you want the lowest ones unless you're looking to install an RGH in which it's model specific for the install
2) I would make sure it's thoroughly tested and check to see if it's had any of the seal broken on it
3) A few, there's some that are impressive, but the homebrew scene ended pretty abruptly and left mostly incomplete projects with little to no support
4) I guess so. I have one but I never use it because all the games I had for it I bought either on PC or had them for PS3 etc.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No, it's not firmware specific.
Only JTAG is firmware specific.

360's are cheap.
Slim or Phat?

There's a few emu's but in all honesty, not worth getting a RGH over it.

If you want to play 360 games and XBLA etc, I'd say it's worth it if you don't mind losing Live access.
Other then that, meh.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.) Is 360 hacking firmware specific?
Yes, get a 2013 or lower xbox 360 slim.
2.) If an xbox is £35 but an unknown version, should I get it?
Dpeneds, on the condition and what model it is.
3.) What emulators can I get?
Anything from PS1 and below. [PSX and N64 are playable but choppy.]
4.) Is it worth it?
Depends on the price you get, i would say, if its a RGH and in good contigion and a SLIM, go for it.

FamousBug_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, get a 2013 or lower xbox 360 slim.

Dpeneds, on the condition and what model it is.

Anything from PS1 and below. [PSX and N64 are playable but choppy.]

Depends on the price you get, i would say, if its a RGH and in good contigion and a SLIM, go for it.
Its the fat white one, I remember having one but my power brick broke, dm me and I will send a screenshot (dm me on discord Not so FamousBug_#6164)

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
if the 360 is made before july 2009 and has a dashboard version between 1888 - 7371 you install jtag (kingkong exploit \\ 10EC exploit [different name same exploit and the only "PSEUDO-SOFTMOD"]) based on your motherboard revision and remove rt63, if dashboard is above 7371 rgh1(hardmod cpld), if its a slim console or above 14699 use rghv2 (hardmod cpld different wiring), i recommend to stay away from 360 E (superslim) as they are the only crapshoot, if you have an E model with a Winchester motherboard...rgh is patched on that specific mobo (iirc released around 2015ish and is the very last revision motherboard). you cannot downgrade any dash once it updated, downgrading would require rgh or a jtagged console which defeats the point of downgrading since the console would already be exploited in order to be able to run it, though i did always wonder if one could exploit the efuses, if you are able to write/burn code/data into the efuse set, and if you would be able to load/execute from that data (since the efuses are inside the cpu its considered trusted..?) only catch is that you have less than 64bytes or so, and once written it's undoable.....so make a backup and spoof it when needed

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,
Reactions: Vorde

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: