a few Acekard Questions

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Kronusdark, Jan 17, 2010.

Jan 17, 2010

a few Acekard Questions by Kronusdark at 12:12 AM (1,415 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. Kronusdark
    OP

Newcomer Kronusdark Member

United States
    I got a new AceKard for Christmas, and after a couple of problems i got it up and running akaio 1.5.1. im still having 2 issues:

1. occasionally when loading a rom i will get a hang on the Loading screen, the word loading is in green.

2. i cannot get mario kart to run, it will load but when it asks for my name then it just sits there playing the background music.

other than that its a pretty good card, it runs my 3in1 perfectly, and if anyone who works on this card or the firmware reads this i just want to say thanks.

PS i should mention i already formatted with the panasonic formatter and deleted the save file for mario kart

2. Hatsu

Banned Hatsu Someone's been killing, eh?

Australia
  3. Kronusdark
    OP

United States
    so i got mario kart to work now, time will tell about the freezing

thanks for the reply

4. Kronusdark
    OP

United States
    ok so i have a problem now, dragon quest V all my save games vanished. the SAV file is still there and if i load it up with an emulator it works, but the flash card wont read it for some reason

5. Danny Tanner

Member Danny Tanner GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Look at the individual Rom Settings (highlight the game, and it's under the start menu) and there's an option that should say something like 'save slot' make sure it is set to default, and make sure your save has the exact same name as the rom, only with a .sav extension.

6. Kronusdark
    OP

United States
    All those settings are at default. I've tried flipping all the various patch options on and off, and it's still not loading my save

7. Danny Tanner

Member Danny Tanner GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Here, I have my DS with me now, so I have all the terms I needed. Highlight Dragon Quest, go to the start menu,->properties->Rom Settings, then make sure 'Select Save Slot' is set to default and your save has the exact name as your rom. Hope this helps, it sounds like you were in the regular settings menu.

8. Kronusdark
    OP

United States
    im reformatting it right now, just to be safe and i will copy everything back and try again. im pretty sure that its not a slot issue because i double checked it also wouldnt starting the game up cause a .1.sav or similar file to appear? all i see is the old save file.

9. Kronusdark
    OP

United States
    it still shows my save files as unused but the SAME file in no$gba works just fine. btw this file originally came from my acekard not no$

i open the save file in a hex editor from my hard drive and it shows my data, but if i open it from the microsd it fails to open, any ideas?

it looks like every time i try to load the save file from the acekard then try to open the file with the hex editor, its corrupted

10. Leonidas

Member Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Slovenia
    Your Acekard is probably one of the new batches,which is currently unsupported by AKAIO. I could be wrong though.

11. lukeloop

Newcomer lukeloop Newbie

Australia
    Yes the new batch of ak 2.1s have a different hwid. ( hardware id )

We have to wait for a akaio 1.6 probably.

Hope it comes around quick. In the meantime I have had 100% no problems with 4.07a15

It will not play Bowsers' Inside Story and probably some newer games though.

12. Leonidas

Member Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Slovenia
    I really hope Norm or the Acekard team fixes this problem for their new kernels, because 4.07 is horribly outdated. It's not going to run anything protected since June 2008. Even Chrono Trigger is questionable.

13. Kronusdark
    OP

United States
    i just dont understand that if this is a problem with the firmware, why did it work fine for 2 weeks then start corrupting my save files?

14. XWolf

Member XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Have you tried a completely different microSD card?

15. Kronusdark
    OP

United States
    no i have not, but the card im using checks out fine with chkdsk and i have formatted it. im not ruling out the possibility that the microsd may be bad, but i just dont have an other to try right now.

16. XWolf

Member XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    chkdsk is rubbish. I have a dead 16gb usb stick that I have formatted in many ways and shows up as fine on chkdsk. It still currupts most things put on it...

There are a few good free tester programs out there for the card, do a google search - I can't remember the one I used to prove the stick was toast.