Hacking A complicated 3DS-Gateway savegame-conversion question

SweetieBelle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Long story short I want to transfer a save from a DS game to a 3DS game.

To do this, I download a patch via the 3DS game - Put the DS card in - Use the tool/patch to copy the save off - Close tool and remove card - Insert 3DS game - Use game to import save from the tool.

I need to know if the tool, as downloaded, is still able to be accessed after reloading the Gateway emuNAND and if the ROM, loaded from the Gateway, is able to see the tool and transfer the save off it?

(Yes, I know Gateway is unable to access the eshop at this time)

I do not know at this point if the tool writes the save to the SD or if it holds it elsewhere, or if that is possible.

I ask because I have ordered the original DS game already (I normally play the rom) and need to know if I should bother buying a Japanese 3DS to play the game or not. If I buy the Gateway and this does not work, it is partially a waste of money. Sure, I will get use out of it.. but I would rather spend the money on something that works for this game at this time. I would rather spend 90$ than a few hundred.

Also, does anyone have the IP ranges for the Nintendo update servers so I can block it on my router, just so I cannot update by mistake if something goes wrong?

scicol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
While having a retail 3DS cart in your 3DS with Gateway installed you can dump the cart to the SD, backup saves and restore saves from the SD to the cart. I do not know whether also works for retail DS carts. Gateway will allow you to play 3DS and DS retail carts of any region in Gateway Classic mode.

You do know Gateway comes with a blue card that is basically a DS mode flashcart that allows you to run DS ROMs and homebrew?

Reactions: SweetieBelle

SweetieBelle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Following is the general translation of the save game conversion between the games.

「ラブプラス」 or 「ラブプラス+」(original cart) ⇒ 「NEWラブプラス+」(original cart)
after the installation is complete you will be asked which option you want to use to transfer your save data,
choose the last 『NEWラブプラス+セーブデータ引継ぎツール』option to download the free of charge 「NEWラブプラス+」 TOOLS.
insert the original cart of the previous game you own and from the TOOLS menu select 「データ引継」
and then select 'OK' and let it proceed until it's over, ('はい' means 'yes')
Quit the TOOLS, insert and launch the 「NEWラブプラス+」 cart in the device. and when asked which option you want to use
to transfer your save data choose the second ラブプラス/ラブプラス+ option from the list and let it process and transfer the save data.

I do not know if the game can "reach the app". I do not know where the tool saves the converted file or if it needs to transfer data with the tool. I also do not know if the tool can interact with the DS rom or Retail cart, which is obviously important.

I also have 2 other flash carts, so yes.. I am familiar with the DS mode and its uses.

Thanks for your help. I just don't want to waste money on methods which will prove futile.

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: SweetieBelle

SweetieBelle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for the replies!

Well, maybe I shouldn't say thank you because that just cost me around 300$.. New console ordered. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM