SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you can't replace the battery like the 3ds so when it goes bad and won't charge anymore you have to send it all the way to nintedo or get a new console.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can't replace the battery like the 3ds so when it goes bad and won't charge anymore you have to send it all the way to nintedo or get a new console.
I guess you haven't bought a phone the past several years. This is the way all consumer electronics are starting to be made now.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope is not wired in like the shield tablet, I don't know how to do that, I need a technician to replace that battery :wtf:
Once you remove 6 screws the switch back just lifts off. A few more and the metal shield comes off too. Then it's just a bit of glue holding it in with a connector that unplugs from the mobo

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but it means your console is more of a time bomb ans you will only be able to play docked when the switch gets un supported in 6 years
No, the battery is still fairly easy to replace. Not as easy as 3ds, but the only real difference is additional screws. Other than than almost anyone could watch a tutorial and figure it out.

Alex4U

i like pancakes
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
I bet there will be soon new Switch batteries. Like Wii U did.
also, batteries doesn't die too fast, my gba sp still charges, and has the same battery when I brought it a long time ago, and still works great.

Last edited by Alex4U,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet there will be soon new Switch batteries. Like Wii U did.
also, batteries doesn't die too fast, my gba sp still charges, and has the same battery when I brought it a long time ago, and still works great.
And also you have to take into account battery technology has improved a bit since then.

Reactions: Alex4U

Alex4U

i like pancakes
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
And also you have to take into account battery technology has improved a bit since then.
Yup. Is not the same as like 10 years ago lol.
Someone remembers when you need AA or AAA batteries to play your GameBoy? well, it's not the same like today. I think there are cheap Switch batteries from now I guess. If not, I'd try to revive the dead switch battery, I know is risky, but meh, :P

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup. Is not the same as like 10 years ago lol.
Someone remembers when you need AA or AAA batteries to play your GameBoy? well, it's not the same like today. I think there are cheap Switch batteries from now I guess. If not, I'd try to revive the dead switch battery, I know is risky, but meh, :P
I remember buying four AA for the Gameboy, and two AAA for the light attached to it. I also remember owning a car ac adapter for the color

Reactions: Baoulettes

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another pointless thread. As if there aren't already teardown videos showing the battery is removable.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not very user friendly but if I ever wanted to change my battery I'd open up my console and take it apart. We'll have a new revision soon enough anyways.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not very user friendly but if I ever wanted to change my battery I'd open up my console and take it apart. We'll have a new revision soon enough anyways.
Voids warranty and the battery glued down so once you remove it the new one might not stay in place. Theres also a bunch of screws you need to remove

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y