999 Text Version?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by DarkeVipr, Jan 30, 2011.

Jan 30, 2011

999 Text Version? by DarkeVipr at 12:11 PM (1,123 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. DarkeVipr
    OP

Newcomer DarkeVipr Newbie

Philippines
    We all know 999 is an amazing game. But is there a text version? The game is basically like a novel, and is presented like one. If anyone were to make a text version of the safe ending and true ending, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

2. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    But... that takes away from it. Why don't you just download a .sav?

3. DarkeVipr
    OP

Newcomer DarkeVipr Newbie

Philippines
    That's not what I meant. By text version, I mean literally a text version.

Let me put it this way, let's say I want to relive the experience I had with 999. Isn't it tedious to repeat the game all over again? I want a text version of the story so I can just print it, and read through Junpei's journey.

4. Mario92

Member Mario92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Finland
    Wouldn't it be easier to make AR code to skip puzzles and then just read it in DS [​IMG]
    If you just must have it txt only then you have to get someone to extract script from game and possibly another one to make them novel like (in game Junpei: bla bla bla in novel "bla bla bla" Junpei though)

5. gifi4

Member gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Australia
    imo, Mario92 is perfectly correct about the AR code, but the puzzles were so damn easy, I don't see a point in it anyway. Just think of it as the price to pay for being a pirate =D

6. Sumea

Member Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Finland
    Err... Piracy has nothing to do original posters intent even. Say; even I have a legal copy of Silent Hill 2 on PS2. This game has one of best stories I have experienced, and it just pains me that I have no text form, book or anything as great to present this story to some of my family members or friends that do not play games. You are basically implying that it is price I have to pay for being a pi- oh wait I am not a f*cking pirate in this case!

second one on puzzles IS that they are easy, sure, especially after you've done them dozen times, sure, but it starts to be time drain. and I tell, those puzzles at times creeped me hell out, especially mannequin room, but repeating the first puzzle every just starts to be so darn... "Why do I have to do this" kind of thing especially since the game lets you skip all seen text already...

7. gifi4

Member gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Australia
    I suppose you're right about the puzzles, they do get annoying after awhile.
    About the piracy, the game is copyrighted, meaning, to actually rip the text from the game, whether you paid $0 or $1000 is illegal, Just the same if I buy an ebook or something online and then I want the non-computer version of the book (bought in a store or something) I can't show them my ebook and say "I paid for an ebook version, now I want this version for free, because I paid for it!". Not really the best explanation I can come up with but it should help to get my point across.

8. Sumea

Member Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Finland
    the text being copyrighted is true but to release a book of the text is a nice idea and there are those all out there. I know there is game scripts in walkthrough sites all the time, and so is for this game, by the way. My dismay would have included a official SH2 book for example, I wish one existed, hardcover, to give to my mother to read and experience the same story I fell in with a deep thought.

9. suruz

Member suruz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I know exactly what you mean about this.. The story's so good and when you've played through the game more than a couple times, the puzzles just start to seem like filler/a time-waste... It would be so cool if they made an actual series of Novels or an anime based on 999 ;D

But then again, a lot of adaptations get butchered so that might not be the best idea :/