Hacking 9.2 Kernel Exploit question

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,348
  • Replies 18
D

Deleted User

OP
So I was just reading a thread and discussing 4.2 vs 9.2, when someone dropped that 9.2 actually has a Kernel exploit.

Now, currently I'm on 4.2 SysNand and 10.3 EmuNand on my O3ds XL.

So. I ask you all. What do I have to do to get my 3ds to 9.2 SysNand with kernel exploit, autobooting into my 10.3 EmuNand?

Sorry if it's been asked a million times, but I can't seem to find what I'm asking, so better to make a thread and pull some views.

D

Deleted User

OP
So you want to manually update to 9.2 from 4.2? I would use SysUpdater in RxTools Dev Mode, using 9.2 update packs from that iso site.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was just reading a thread and discussing 4.2 vs 9.2, when someone dropped that 9.2 actually has a Kernel exploit.

Now, currently I'm on 4.2 SysNand and 10.3 EmuNand on my O3ds XL.

So. I ask you all. What do I have to do to get my 3ds to 9.2 SysNand with kernel exploit, autobooting into my 10.3 EmuNand?

Sorry if it's been asked a million times, but I can't seem to find what I'm asking, so better to make a thread and pull some views.
Do you have rxTools, reiNand, Gateway?

D

Deleted User

OP
So you want to manually update to 9.2 from 4.2? I would use SysUpdater in RxTools Dev Mode, using 9.2 update packs from that iso site.
I guess so?

So I update from 4.2 to 9.2 with SysUpdater.... then what?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you have rxTools, reiNand, Gateway?
Currently RXTools, as it seems to be the most lightweight one to setup and easiest to use.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Use the rxTools devmode to inject FBI into h&s app on sysnand.
Using rxtools devmode and the FBI h&s install sysupdater to sysnand.
Get your 9.2.0-20 full update package from that iso site.
Check the download to be ok and copy the updates folder to your SD root.
Using rxtools devmode and sysupdater update your sysnand to 9.2

D

Deleted User

OP
I guess so?

So I update from 4.2 to 9.2 with SysUpdater.... then what?

Currently RXTools, as it seems to be the most lightweight one to setup and easiest to use.
I guess you just kinda set it up again.. You don't really have to do much changes when updated. Change your 4.2 hax payloads to 9.2 as well.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
After that simply follow a 9.2 cfw setup guide. You'll have an entrypoint on your browser and on your menu now, no mset exploit required anymore.

Of course your mset exploit will be gone in the upgrade, but setting up rxtools will boot back your emunand so don't setup a new one!

Last edited by Urbanshadow,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP

Ths seems to be 100% correct. Guess I'll be trying that out there now so!
Just before I jump into all of it, I wanna double check. If updating goes funny a.k.a. "Bricky", what methods do I have to repair it, assuming I have my current systems OS backups.

After that simply follow a 9.2 cfw setup guide. You'll have an entrypoint on your browser and on your menu now, no mset exploit required anymore.

Of course your mset exploit will be gone in the upgrade, but setting up rxtools will boot back your emunand so don't setup a new one!
Grand stuff, I guess I'll hop onto it now so! I may update the thread if/when it gets all finished!

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Ths seems to be 100% correct. Guess I'll be trying that out there now so!
Just before I jump into all of it, I wanna double check. If updating goes funny a.k.a. "Bricky", what methods do I have to repair it, assuming I have my current systems OS backups.

As a reminder, don't re-create emunand. After setting up themehax and rxtools for hbl, simply boot your old emunand and you won't loose anything. Don't format your emunand in any case.

D

Deleted User

OP
I guess you just kinda set it up again.. You don't really have to do much changes when updated. Change your 4.2 hax payloads to 9.2 as well.
Will do, thanks mate :)

As a reminder, don't re-create emunand. After setting up themehax and rxtools for hbl, simply boot your old emunand and you won't loose anything. Don't format your emunand in any case.
Sweet, ty!

Reactions: Deleted User

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
May I ask why you want to update? Not saying one is better than the other, I don't know the advantages / disadvantages of 4.x and 9.x SysNAND.

D

Deleted User

OP
May I ask why you want to update? Not saying one is better than the other, I don't know the advantages / disadvantages of 4.x and 9.x SysNAND.

Well I've read that there can be "problems" playing some games, even through emunand if your SysNand isn't on 7.0, and the Auto-booting for a CFW would actually be pretty sweet instead of waiting for it to load, going to settings, running MSet, and waiting for it all to load again. So why not try and simplify it all :)

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I've read that there can be "problems" playing some games, even through emunand if your SysNand isn't on 7.0, and the Auto-booting for a CFW would actually be pretty sweet instead of waiting for it to load, going to settings, running MSet, and waiting for it all to load again. So why not try and simplify it all :)
Ah, definitely sounds logical then. I've never hacked a system below 9.2 so I've never touched MSET and stuff, thanks for letting me know :)

D

Deleted User

OP
Ah, definitely sounds logical then. I've never hacked a system below 9.2 so I've never touched MSET and stuff, thanks for letting me know :)
Funny thing is, I used to be on 9.2, and took the plunge to 4.2 back when Spider was just being used for Downgrades. Now it's been broken open, I may as well take full advantage!

D

Deleted User

OP
Barely even managed to get everything downloaded. I can't get FBI to inject on sysnand with any rxtools, so i can't launch sysupdater

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...