8GB MS Pro Duo Mark 2 Broken?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Spartan117H3, Jun 18, 2009.

Jun 18, 2009
  1. Spartan117H3
    OP

Member Spartan117H3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My 8GB memory stick has been giving me problems for quite some time now, when I try to access it, it either says incorrect parameters when I try to paste something on the memory stick or it doesn't read and asks me if I want to format it now, when I click yes, it says cannot format it after some time. It also only lets me format it with the only capacity being 3.50 GB. Any ideas? I don't think the memory stick is fake either. Oh yea, I only have the option of formatting it in FAT.

2. Spawk

Newcomer Spawk Member

Canada
    how are you trying to access it? through the PSP? or usb card reader? does your pc come with ports built right in?

... no cards use NTFS, just FAT so that's normal.

3. Spartan117H3
    OP

United States
    The Memory Stick Duo Adapter that came with the 8GB card. My computer has a slot in the side where I can stick it in.

4. Spawk

Newcomer Spawk Member

Canada
    does the card format in the psp xmb under settings? I've had unrecovered free space on my memstick by deleting stuff from the window that pops up when i plug my usb cable in. I just make it a habit of deleting stuff through the xmb now just to make sure.

also, when u plug your usb cable in, the psp is assigned a drive letter (mine is M:), yours will more than likely the next free letter after your CD-DVD drive(s). You can also try to right click on this drive in "my computer" and choosing format from there.

5. Spartan117H3
    OP

United States
  6. Cortador

Member Cortador GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I recommend that you always buy quality Memory sticks. I bought one from Dealextreme and damn, every file i had there was erased, including my save files. It was a 8GB "Sony memory stick pro due WITH magic gate enabled" lulz.

7. Spartan117H3
    OP

United States
    Yeah well I bought mine from the store, BestBuy, I did because it was Mark 2.