Gaming 8 player wii sports?

TheKiteKing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if there’s a way for me to play Wii sports bowling with 8 players. It can be on a wii, a wii u or cemu if necessary. I know that this is probably impossible but I was just wondering if anyone had made a mod for the game that allows for 8 players, or at least more than 4. Thanks to anyone who can help with this.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I believe the Wii is limited to 4 controllers connected (unless you use 4 additional gamecube controllers which I'm only aware of working with 8player Bomberman Blitz.). The Wii U does support more controllers like in Smash 4 Wii U, but I believe Wii Sports Club or whatever it's called only supports up to 4 (or maybe 5 with the gamepad). I think NintendoLand has games that support up to 5 as well.

Last edited by Zense,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Does anyone know if there’s a way for me to play Wii sports bowling with 8 players. It can be on a wii, a wii u or cemu if necessary. I know that this is probably impossible but I was just wondering if anyone had made a mod for the game that allows for 8 players, or at least more than 4. Thanks to anyone who can help with this.

Hello.:)

Aside from this is not possible with Wii Sports:
I think the 7 Devices Bluetooth Restriction is also still actual.:(

Thank you.:)

Reactions: jeannotte and Zense

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I believe the Wii is limited to 4 controllers connected (unless you use 4 additional gamecube controllers which I'm only aware of working with 8player Bomberman Blitz.). The Wii U does support more controllers like in Smash 4 Wii U, but I believe Wii Sports Club or whatever it's called only supports up to 4 (or maybe 5 with the gamepad). I think NintendoLand has games that support up to 5 as well.
Hello.:)

Aside from this is not possible with Wii Sports:
I think the 7 Devices Bluetooth Restriction is also still actual.:(

Thank you.:)
Wii Sports Bowling can be played with just 1 Wiimote IIRC.

Reactions: Alexander1970

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Assuming the others are correct about the simpler routes.

I could see something done as a network hack to share data between active sessions on two machines (I can't imagine a score board is that high), or possibly an emulator and wii if you don't have two wiis or setups available for it.

You might also be able to do a hack to add in a tournament for 8 players but at that point you would be swapping controllers anyway.

Such a thing does not exist right now and would not be my first choice for a beginner hack... that said it is all functionality that exists within the game already and fairly basic memory manipulation so it would not be the worst.

If doing it with emulators (don't know what goes with USB geckos on hardware but it is not out of the realm of possibility there either) you can probably use a memory grabber to snatch memory, possibly do savestate and use an external program to keep track of things there. That would be more normal programming than messing with assembly but if you are familiar with normal programming (I don't know if we have any TAS emulators for the Wii yet that you can use LUA on but having a program manipulate the memory of another program is nothing too drastic either).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Is Janet Jackson alive?