Hacking 8 Hours, USB Loader GX Guide, Constant black screen please help.

ampedout

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. Ive spent 8 hours setting up my Wii to allow me to run backups of my games via USB Loader GX via this guide by Mike:

http://www.mikeandheth.com/games/109-store...tem-menu-4.html

Although, ive followed all directions, and I have a USB 8gb stick drive formatted correctly for game files I can not copy game, nor can I use the exit to menu feature.. Each result in a black screen most comment on. Even after another 4 hours of googling for a solution, i have found nothing. Now i really need the help of the more knowledgeable.

What am I missing and could be done to allow me to fix this.

Wii system is a Launch day unit, 4.0u menu version.

NOTE: As an idea as to what was done before I followed the above guide, I had the system as 3.4u and I did the twilight hack to get homebrew installed. From there, I debated whether or not to try this with 3.4 and spoof it a bit or just to upgrade via wii connect update to 4.0 and follow the above guide. I opted for the latter.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't see a step in that tutorial for patching IOS60, to allow "unofficial" titles to be run from the SD Card. I followed this tutorial, to update my 3.2U to 4.0U, and everything worked perfectly on the first try. Steps 11-18 in the tutorial I posted will outline this process, or if you have a working wadmanager 1.4, you can just use step 19 to install the patched .wad. I'm not telling you to use the tutorial I posted, because I'm not 100% sure what's been done to your Wii, and I don't want my advice to cause you problems. I just know that patching IOS60 seemed to be the final step in most of the 4.0 update tutorials I've read.

ampedout

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks man, ill look into that. I actually downloaded Cover Flow USB ISO Loader instead to try that out. I did notice that I mat have missed (because I dont recall it shown in the tutorial) the Install cIOS36_rev10 part. I did that then ran the Cover Flow USB. Great thing is, I hooked up my WD 1tb external HDD and formatted it. The Zack and Wikki game of mine Copied fine.. Although, when I went to run the game, it went to a black screen with Exception (DSI) Occurred, just like the above problems i was having with GX. Does this help troubleshoot a bit more?

ampedout

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh and also, since ive been reading etc for over 10 hours now, my mind is slush. With that link above that you linked, does that basically state that if I update from 3.4 to 4.0 via wii update online that my USB loaders will not function, but if I use another way posted in that guide to update to 4.0 things will still function?

And if so, can I roll back to 3.4 or something and install the altered 4.0 update in that guide? Perhaps just install that update right over the current official Wii 4.0 update? Thanks a ton for the help!

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i updated from 3.4 to 4.0 officially through nintendo.Everything works fine for me.Just run IOS downgrader as well that way you get truch bug back in some of the ios files.

IOS DOWNGRADER.

NOT

CIOS DOWNGRADER.

link here

http://www.teknoconsolas.tv/wanin/IOS-Downgrader_v1.zip

Also to use the usb loaders you need ciosrev9 or higher.
Most people use Rev10 because its the most stable.
I personally use Rev12 and never had any issues with it.

ampedout

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks icpmattj, Just to carify. (sorry, kinda noob to this) there are a number of different names for cios, ios etc. I do however seem to have someone of a grasp on it but, could you put up a link for the ciosrev12. I am just not sure if im confusing them with cIOS36_rev10 due to the "36" in the name.

Also, I will run the IOS downgrader and that will be it? no updating after that?

At that point, where would patching IOS60 come into play?

Thanks a ton again, its slowly coming together for me.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ampedout said:
Thanks icpmattj, Just to carify. (sorry, kinda noob to this) there are a number of different names for cios, ios etc. I do however seem to have someone of a grasp on it but, could you put up a link for the ciosrev12. I am just not sure if im confusing them with cIOS36_rev10 due to the "36" in the name.

Also, I will run the IOS downgrader and that will be it? no updating after that?

At that point, where would patching IOS60 come into play?

Thanks a ton again, its slowly coming together for me.

The biggest problem with wii hacking is there are 100's of different guides that tell you how to do the exact same thing.
Problem is every guide calls the same file by a different name.

ciosRev10 is the same thing as cIOS36_rev10.

Its based off of ios36 and installs as 249.

Now Rev12 and Rev13 are different because they are based off of ios38 but install as 249.

Here is a link to cIOS38_rev12

http://www.yafaze.com/wii/files/ciosrev12installer.rar

Updating after running ios downgrader im sure your not done.I mean right now you might be but in the future new cIOS revisions will come out and you might wanna update those.(Rev14 is coming out mid July)

Patching ios60 is only needed it you intend to play pirated wii ware/virtual console games from an sd card.
If its not patched it will not let you play games from the sd card.

ampedout

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, well the cIOS38 rev12 did wonders for Cover Flow USB ISO Loader. It allowed me to run Zack and Wikki. I am going to copy my Punch Out to the HDD and make sure that runs. Now two more things:

Is there any thing else I may be missing that will allow everything to be more stable?

Also, I tried running USB Loader GX but I still get the black screen when I either try to upload a game or even exit to main menu agian. It will ask me if im sure i want to exit to main menu, after hitting yes, it goes to black screen with messages and spazzes out with audio. Reset button on wii resets back to main wii window.

Any idea why this would be happening? Perhaps a way to fix it even though im happy with Cover Flow USB as of now. Also, I didnt downgrade and update the IOS60 because i do not use the features that fixes. Good to have the games running, though.. Just gotta see if I can make things a bit more stable

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ampedout said:
Great, well the cIOS38 rev12 did wonders for Cover Flow USB ISO Loader. It allowed me to run Zack and Wikki. I am going to copy my Punch Out to the HDD and make sure that runs. Now two more things:

Is there any thing else I may be missing that will allow everything to be more stable?

Also, I tried running USB Loader GX but I still get the black screen when I either try to upload a game or even exit to main menu agian. It will ask me if im sure i want to exit to main menu, after hitting yes, it goes to black screen with messages and spazzes out with audio. Reset button on wii resets back to main wii window.

Any idea why this would be happening? Perhaps a way to fix it even though im happy with Cover Flow USB as of now. Also, I didnt downgrade and update the IOS60 because i do not use the features that fixes. Good to have the games running, though.. Just gotta see if I can make things a bit more stable

You need to update the gx loader your using.If you have wifi available for your wii you can update through the loader itself.Its in the settings.If not just goto the following website and download the latest dol file.Make sure you rename it to boot.dol

http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/downloads/revisions

tiger0001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj,

I have USB with 8G SD card inside as drive. Do I need ISO60 patch? I got black screen when I run the game from USB drive. I can create game from Disc to USB drive without any issue.

Thanks!

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tiger0001 said:
icpmattj,

I have USB with 8G SD card inside as drive. Do I need ISO60 patch? I got black screen when I run the game from USB drive. I can create game from Disc to USB drive without any issue.

Thanks!

Patching ios60 is only needed if you want to play virtual console and wii ware games from the sd card.It doesnt affect playing wii games from an sd card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/d7mkQP8