Hacking 7.1.0-0e advice please

lostdotfish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

Managed to pick up a cheap o3ds recently and decided to see about hacking it. From my reading I understand that this current FW doesn't have a browser and no cart update will fix it (am I correct).

I want to get arm9lh installed so I've cracked it open and soldered up my hardmod wires (just waiting for a compatible reader).

What's the best route to 9.2.0-20e from here? Can I use the hardmod to flash straight to it or do I need to upgrade via wifi then use the hardmod to downgrade? Do I need anything else (any game carts etc?)

Cheers

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Hi guys,

Managed to pick up a cheap o3ds recently and decided to see about hacking it. From my reading I understand that this current FW doesn't have a browser and no cart update will fix it (am I correct).

I want to get arm9lh installed so I've cracked it open and soldered up my hardmod wires (just waiting for a compatible reader).

What's the best route to 9.2.0-20e from here? Can I use the hardmod to flash straight to it or do I need to upgrade via wifi then use the hardmod to downgrade? Do I need anything else (any game carts etc?)

Cheers
Just off the top of my head, freakyforms EU or cubic ninja EU would work. You also need another game to update to 9.0-10.7 as well. Then downgrade to 9.2. (there are a couple of games with 9.2.0E, get one of those if you can - http://3dsdb.com search "9.2.0E")
Not an easy firmware to work with.

Last edited by zoogie,

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he knows his hardmod works, he could update to 11 and use the hardmod. This still requires an exploit game, and using the hardmod properly would be an extra step, but would not require a game to get 9.0-10.7.

(Note: Using a hardmod to downgrade 11.0 is still using an exploit. You can only use the hardmod for downgrading on firmwares for which the exploit works, such as 11.0, not on every firmware.)

lostdotfish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for this guys,

So, I updated to 11.0.0-33 and dumped the NAND using my hardmod.

I've patched my dump with the 10.4.0 NATIVE_FIRM using autofirm_reboot and I still have a working console (which is nice)

I guess now I need a game card with an exploit on it. I don't have another 3ds to use so is Cubic Ninja and Freaky Forms my two best options?

How much to UK types usually charge for installing a hardmod? I might be able to offer my services since I have a nice ESD workstation and good soldering skills.

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Thanks for this guys,

So, I updated to 11.0.0-33 and dumped the NAND using my hardmod.

I've patched my dump with the 10.4.0 NATIVE_FIRM using autofirm_reboot and I still have a working console (which is nice)

I guess now I need a game card with an exploit on it. I don't have another 3ds to use so is Cubic Ninja and Freaky Forms my two best options?

How much to UK types usually charge for installing a hardmod? I might be able to offer my services since I have a nice ESD workstation and good soldering skills.
Use freakyforms deluxe, cubic ninja doesn't work on 11.0

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DTApple