Homebrew 6-8 months ago...

kbon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Around 6-8 months ago, I bricked my Wii using an App called DOP-Mii, by putting stuff in that I shouldn't have done... The Wii i had was old and running slow anyways, dunno why it was slow. I turn it on and I just get a black screen, no Health Screen or anything... :/ Then in November I got an Xbox 360 slim, and didn't play it a whole lot
biggrin.gif
Recently I've been looking into getting my wii fixed up again, though there are issues with this...

For one, my computer had all the stuff needed to bring it back, like Bootmii and all that stuff, and when i had to reformat my Hard Drive to get rid of a virus, it deleted all the stuff i had for homebrew, Bootmii and all. I had no way to back it up, and the virus gave me a hard drive issue, so i had to reformat it and lose everything. So now, I am asking for help, now that i got the virus and everything gone... can i load Bootmii using another person's NAND, or am i gonna have to get a new wii? Dx

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's not what I'm asking. The Hackmii installer can install it as boot2 or IOS. It can't save you now unless it was installed as boot2.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
two ways to find out if you have bootmii@boot2:

if you power on the wii, do you see the slot light flash twice real quick? if so, then you have bootmii at boot2....

otherwise, you can use modmii to get the bootmii files and put them in the bootmii folder in the root of your card...card in the wii...power on...cross your fingers....if you're lucky, you'll end up at the bootmii screen (which you'll have to get to to fix your wii)...this won't happen unless you have bootmii@boot2

kbon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brausm08 said:
two ways to find out if you have bootmii@boot2:

if you power on the wii, do you see the slot light flash twice real quick? if so, then you have bootmii at boot2....

otherwise, you can use modmii to get the boomii files and put them in the bootmii folder in the root of your card...card in the wii...power on...cross your fingers....
last time i turned it on, it flashed only once... as for modmii, what's that do? O.o

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kbon said:
last time i turned it on, it flashed only once... as for modmii, what's that do? O.o
modmii would be a tool you would use to get the bootmii files so you can fix your wii...
but if you lack bootmii/boot2, then modmii does nothing for you....

kbon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brausm08 said:
kbon said:
modmii would be a tool you would use to get the bootmii files so you can fix your wii...
but if you lack bootmii/boot2, then modmii does nothing for you....
Alright... i'll try this Modmii thingy, and if it doesn't work, then I may have to get a new wii :L

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kbon said:
Alright... i'll try this Modmii thingy, and if it doesn't work, then I may have to get a new wii :L
okay...download modmii...install on your computer...run...type 'i agree'....'C'...'BM'...select your region...'O'....'Y'...'Y'...close the txt doc window that opens....'O'....
then move the bootmii folder to the root of you SD card....bring to wii and insert...power wii on.... ...hope for no black screen....

since you know you don't see two flashes on power on though, ....i'd say this won't work....

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
you should have either had bootmii installed as a boot2 or had priiloader installed. If you have either of those you should be able to restore your system. You can hold the reset button down while powering on the wii and if you have priiloader or a boot2 one of them should come up. You really should have left your nand dump on the sd card or at least backed it up onto a cd or dvd. You should be able to run the hackmii installer from the priiloader or the boot2 and rehack the wii, I'm not entirely sure on that but if not you should at least be able to access the homebrew channel from there and run the hackmii installer to rehack.

Also if you try to load the homebrew channel and it says there was an error autobooting or something of that sort you can choose to launch a title and then select the homebrew channel from the list to gain access.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh yes...with Krestent starting the thread off on the Bootmii/Boot2 focus, the whole priiloader option totally escaped me....silly me....
but yes...priiloader would also be a viable option if present....

kbon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having no idea what Priiloader is btw... and I cannot fix it atm, cuz my xbox is in my tv, and my room is undergoing renovations atm Dx

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
kbon said:
Having no idea what Priiloader is btw... and I cannot fix it atm, cuz my xbox is in my tv, and my room is undergoing renovations atm Dx
If you hacked your wii you should know what priiloader is because you should have installed it following the softmod guide. anyways what priiloader is, is a alternate menu that can load before the wii system menu thus in the event of a system menu brick you can access bootmii and the homebrew channel using it to restore your system menu to a working order. It also provides various system hacks such as blocking disc updates among other things.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Basically...what CAN you do?

If you put a folder called SD:\bootmii on your SD card (check the HBC site for the contents), does your wii show the interface of bootmii?
If you hold the reset key while booting the thing, does it show the menu of preloader/priiloader?
If neither, can you access the wii menu at all?

I understand you want to fix your wii and we're here to help...but if you can't answer these questions, the thing isn't going to get fixed soon. So let us know when you're able to test it, alright?
smile.gif

Though personally, I wouldn't get my hopes up. without bootmii or priiloader, you're missing the backup plan needed to fix situations like these. And even then: using a nand from another wii is dangerous and very ill-advised.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. This is not homebrew related so this should be moved.

2. You got 2 choices 1. get a modchip and use an autobooting disk to reinstall system menu
2. Send your wii to deadlyfoes (if you really live in usa) he can fix is 100% sure (and if if still does it it think he does not charge much)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol