Hacking 6.2.0 released

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Weren't we told way back that the hardware exploit could "never ever" be patched out? Yet here we are?

This isn't a patched hardware exploit. Provided you have an old console (before the ipatched models) You can still use fusee gelee and it still works. However launching the cfw is not working because of how the update changed the way the system works. Once the CFW is patched to work with the new update it will be like nothing happened

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I find it really strange how there has been two FW updates within a few weeks of each other. Normally a manufacturer releases stability fixes when a common fault has been reported or theres a new system feature.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I find it really strange how there has been two FW updates within a few weeks of each other. Normally a manufacturer releases stability fixes when a common fault has been reported or theres a new system feature.
It's called Smash. They're trying to block CFW etc. from getting online and probably add cheats. That is my best guess.

Reactions: Hugopugo

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is this confirmed? Damn poor souls.
That's a little obnoxious, ha. I can't avoid that by restoring anything else? I backed up everything, not just the NAND

I've heard various reports of it. From my understanding of the kernel and fuses, when it comes out of sleep mode it checks the fusecount and if there is a mismatch it panics

CruxisVale

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No. ALL CFW IS BROKEN AT THIS TIME

Correct, though you can clear the download by going into the console recovery mode, not RCM

Question,... if i reset it in the recovery mode - I stay on the FW im currently on and just get rid of the system update thats already has been downloaded right?

maxx488

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I've heard various reports of it. From my understanding of the kernel and fuses, when it comes out of sleep mode it checks the fusecount and if there is a mismatch it panics
So thats why it takes so long to turn the screen on when I press thw button..

skypirate123

Trophies
XP
Country
Banned console here from an eternity ago.

Curious though, when docked does Ninty force through updates without me accepting? Just worried it will auto-update without me noticing.

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
if i have my 6.1 Nand Backup can i downgrade somehow? i Know ill need to boot into CFW every time cause of the fuse, but is it possible?
Many people seem confused about this but you absolutely can boot in OFW after updating without burning fuses, you just have to make sure that you always boot through hekate (in other words, activate autoRCM or you'll mess up for sure), but hekate lets you boot in OFW. What burns fuses is not the firmware itself but the nintendo bootloader, as long as you replace it with hekate you're fine.
Also if you've already updated officially and burnt the fuses you still can boot into OFW 6.1 through hekate since fuse checks are bypassed.

EDIT : Ok from what I'm reading 6.2 may have implemented fuse checks after sleep mode, in which case everything I just said doesn't hold up anymore, my mistake. Since it was a common misconceptions up to 6.1 I thought this was the same here, but hey apparently Nintendo is waking up.

Last edited by LeMageFro,

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
If cfw bypasses fuse checks, why would it panic in the first place. This makes no sense
Now that you mention it, if the switch rechecks the fuse count was indeed the case then shouldn't those who updated without burning fuses burn their fuse when their switch wakes up from sleep mode?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o