Hacking 6.0.1 released

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
I wish they would fix the NES CRT filter burn in.
It happened on my Switch Screen after playing Super Mario 3 and went away eventually, however it should not happen and it makes me anxious to play with the CRT filter turned on.

I wonder how it works, Does the CRT filter crank up the brightness level beyond max to compensate for any darkening that might occur due to scanlines or something?

richufc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Literally just got a switch today! Was planning on quickly updating it then running latest Reinx and tinfoil.

Has anyone tested that on 6.01 yet? Worked fine on 6.0.

Thanks in advance

nille

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For those wondering, thaikhoa's post below explains quite well what the issue is and how to fix it. He also confirmed that BOOT1 is identical between 6.0.0 and 6.0.1 so this method is safe.

Confirmed, did it with SX OS Payload.
Backup BOOT1, booted into OFW in SysNand, updated from 6.0, booted SX Payload again, restored BOOT1, enabled EmuNand and booted it and I am fine:)

Last edited by nille,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it ok to update your 6.0 Emunand to 6.1 I have never tried it yet I presume it just updates the Emunand and not the ofw side? Do you just update as normal within Emunand. Can you not use online features if you only update Emunand? I thought you could.

Last edited by Reecey,

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
  • 6.0.1 broke exfat support..... update the official way and the pop out windows for exfat update on 6.0.1 doesn't work...

edit: fixed.

Last edited by Sonansune,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by Dust2dust, , Reason: removed offensive link

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users