Hacking 6.0.1 released

brokenx17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
i updated to 6 with ChoiDujourNX no probs then 3 days ago the exfat prob came about it said update to fix i did (not thinking) the normal way and still no exfat support........weird

so choidujour is having problem installing exfat to the latest 6.01 firmware. better wait than to be sorry then.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so choidujour is having problem installing exfat to the latest 6.01 firmware. better wait than to be sorry then.

If you don't want to burn fuses and you don't mind updating officially you can just insert a jig and hold vol + during the update process when it reboots. You'll boot to RCM where you can reinstall AutoRCM this preventing any fuses from being burnt.

brokenx17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I already posted here and I will repeat, it is updating normally by the console and even banned it is updating

I cannot update officially since I'm already banned. I'm just confirming if updating by choidujour will remove my exfat access since i have seen many post regarding losing exfat access.

If you don't want to burn fuses and you don't mind updating officially you can just insert a jig and hold vol + during the update process when it reboots. You'll boot to RCM where you can reinstall AutoRCM this preventing any fuses from being burnt.

thanks for the tip but i know this already

CasuallyDressed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, noob alert here so bear with...

I haven't turned my Switch on for a few weeks. Did so today to update to SX 2.0.1 and discovered that the Switch has been banned. No biggy I guess, I thought I was careful leaving flight mode turned on while on SX OS but apparently that wasn't enough (switched over to official OS for internet to update games). Anyway, I'm trying to update games now and it's telling me I need to update the Switch's firmware to do so. Can/should I? Currently on 5.1.0. Will I lose all SX OS functions if I update to 6.0.1?

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guys, noob alert here so bear with...

I haven't turned my Switch on for a few weeks. Did so today to update to SX 2.0.1 and discovered that the Switch has been banned. No biggy I guess, I thought I was careful leaving flight mode turned on while on SX OS but apparently that wasn't enough (switched over to official OS for internet to update games). Anyway, I'm trying to update games now and it's telling me I need to update the Switch's firmware to do so. Can/should I? Currently on 5.1.0. Will I lose all SX OS functions if I update to 6.0.1?
Switch has been banned
I'm trying to update games now
these two are not compatible

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I cannot update officially since I'm already banned. I'm just confirming if updating by choidujour will remove my exfat access since i have seen many post regarding losing exfat access.

thanks for the tip but i know this already
....... Update with choidujour and then Format micro sd in fat32 and then install exfat Update with choidujour thats what i did
Clear that After the Update exfat gone ... You have to reinstall the exfat update After firmwareupdate
When choidujour dont install it use the Manual way eventually the reason that it dosnt Work on 6.01 is that no Game has this Update to extract exfat Update from it

People cry omg cant use exfat anymore and i must laugh about that

6.00 should do it for anyone Here..
No Need to Update

Last edited by loler55,

bixxewoscht

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
....... Update with choidujour and then Format micro sd in fat32 and then install exfat Update with choidujour thats what i did
Clear that After the Update exfat gone ... You have to reinstall the exfat update After firmwareupdate
When choidujour dont install it use the Manual way eventually the reason that it dosnt Work on 6.01 is that no Game has this Update to extract exfat Update from it

People cry omg cant use exfat anymore and i must laugh about that

6.00 should do it for anyone Here..
No Need to Update
Is the standalone exfat update also on xbins?

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i read on this thread again that normal updating burns fuses, but what does that mean ?

i was on 5.x some weeks ago and updated with that homebrew app called choujoerux? i updated to 6.x with that app, that did not burn fuses, but whats the benefit of not burning the fuses guys?
You won't be able to downgrade your fw if you burn fuses. But who cares? Using SX and I always update officially. Not banned but never go online so all is well.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

bixxewoscht

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The exFAT patch is in all firmwares except 1.0. When you are using ChoiDujourNX to install the firmware, it gives you the option between non-exFAT and exFAT support.

If the exfat update is in firmware 6.1, why are there so many problems with it then? Doesn't the exfat support work?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the exfat update is in firmware 6.1, why are there so many problems with it then? Doesn't the exfat support work?
exFAT is in all firmwares except 1.0. However it is not included automatically which is a huge misconception. People think that downloading the latest firmware will automatically give them exFAT which is not how the exFAT patch works. You can only obtain them exFAT drivers officially if you insert an exFAT formatted SD card then update to the latest firmware. That means when firmware 2.0 was the latest firmware, if someone inserted an SD card formatted to exFAT, they now have exFAT support from 2.0 onwards. However if someone buys a console and blindly updates to 6.0, they will not magically have exFAT because it is obtained completely separately from a system update; Nintendo designed so that it can only be obtained when you are on the latest firmware.

I'm not entirely sure on the details but updating officially seems to remove the exFAT patch when it is installed via ChoiDujourNX instead of obtaining the exFAT drivers officially.

bixxewoscht

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
exFAT is in all firmwares except 1.0. However it is not included automatically which is a huge misconception. People think that downloading the latest firmware will automatically give them exFAT which is not how the exFAT patch works. You can only obtain them exFAT drivers officially if you insert an exFAT formatted SD card then update to the latest firmware. That means when firmware 2.0 was the latest firmware, if someone inserted an SD card formatted to exFAT, they now have exFAT support from 2.0 onwards. However if someone buys a console and blindly updates to 6.0, they will not magically have exFAT because it is obtained completely separately from a system update; Nintendo designed so that it can only be obtained when you are on the latest firmware.

I'm not entirely sure on the details but updating officially seems to remove the exFAT patch when it is installed via ChoiDujourNX instead of obtaining the exFAT drivers officially.

Ok thanks for clarification, I'm not sure if I had my SD card in the switch when I officially updated to 4.1...
However if updating via ChoiDujour it should be no problem as it only removes it wen updating officially as you mentioned.

I chose exfat option via ChoiDujour when I installed 5.1.
Just want to be really safe before running into problems^^

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
You won't be able to downgrade your fw if you burn fuses. But who cares? Using SX and I always update officially. Not banned but never go online so all is well.
neat, i actually havent been banned yet either , quite surprised i havent yet ._.
i sometimes go online on ofw and even played some online some month ago to test stuff.

and i update my games always through ofw and still no ban in sight for me x.x maybe im just lucky.
but i wonder if i could buy online and buy ssb/play ssb safely as well, would be so nice.

Reactions: HideoKojima

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neat, i actually havent been banned yet either , quite surprised i havent yet ._.
i sometimes go online on ofw and even played some online some month ago to test stuff.

and i update my games always through ofw and still no ban in sight for me x.x maybe im just lucky.
but i wonder if i could buy online and buy ssb/play ssb safely as well, would be so nice.
That's great! Usually when you avoid NSP and using Layeredfs and some hacks like (profile photo hack.. Etc) you're less likely to get banned but I guess it's more luck than anything else. Here's my principle when it comes to hacking, it's the same as bitcoin investment, always invest what you can lose, meaning that I'm investing in hacking my Switch and I am ready for it to get banned or bricked (that's my expected loss) ,but on the other hand I've downloaded a lot of games which total price is greater Than the switch price itself, hence I won in all cases and due to the fact that bricking a switch is less likely, the only risk will be getting banned, which is okay if you don't play online (even if you get super banned there will be ways to update and be able to play newer games. Now for buying Switch online that's your own choice, you may have luck and not get banned but you'll be more likely banned eventually as so far we didn't understand yet what is nintendo strategy in banning consoles as so far it has been so random. The other alternative is restoring the original nand (u hacked) and playing online then whenver you wanna play hacked games rehack the switch but not sure about your online account when you hack again and if you keep it should you restore it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-