ROM Hack WIP (SWITCH PO POLSKU!) switch-pl - The first (almost) full Switch system menu Polish fan translation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandithedoge

OP
Trophies
Website
bandithedoge.com
XP
Country
Poland
This thread is old.
please, redirect yourself to : https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-pl-full-polish-switch-system-menu-translation.535797/

Downloads, screenshots, more info
lang.jpg

EDIT 06.02 - We got access to more files that are usable with LayeredFS. Work started!

Today, me and spaqin are releasing the first Nintendo Switch system menu fan translation. It's not full, check the readme in the GitHub repo. It's currently more of a proof of concept, but it's fully usable. Keep in mind that we're not a team of professional translators, just 2 dudes with nothing better to do and this was done in a week. That said, it will contain mistakes and typos. You can report them on the Issues page of our GitHub repo.

If you have doubts about the legality of the translation, see this thread.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Cyan,

bandithedoge

OP
Trophies
Website
bandithedoge.com
XP
Country
Poland
I’m honestly quite surprised that Polish isn’t supported officially! :huh:
Nintendo never gave a shit about us. They don't officially sell anything in Poland. I bought my Switch used from Allegro (Polish eBay equivalent) and it's imported. It's been like that since the 80s since, you know, Poland was occupied by commies and Nintendo didn't want to deal with commies. Looks like they think Europe still ends on Germany.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, thats shit! I knew South America were relatively unsupported but never part of bloody Europe! Utter bullshit. Must make everything super expensive too! :(

bandithedoge

OP
Trophies
Website
bandithedoge.com
XP
Country
Poland
Wow, thats shit! I knew South America were relatively unsupported but never part of bloody Europe! Utter bullshit. Must make everything super expensive too! :(
Actually, not that expensive. You can find Nintendo stuff brand new for the same price as the rest of the world. It's sold, just not officially, and you have to look at it. Sometimes you can even get something cheaper!

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Confirmed working with 6.2.0
And because of no Polish language as system language many games that have Polish in other consoles don't have it in Switch release (mostly because devs don't want to add language menu in-game). For now i counted 71 games in that regard, from which 30 I accomplished to swap polish files with english.
We have Switch officially in Poland, but not from Nintendo. We have it from Czech distributor.
And thanks for this project. I will check it and write any errors that i found if you are not confident of your language skills. :D
And about it:
https://camo.githubusercontent.com/...92e696d6775722e636f6d2f6d4a54473542542e706e67
Have you tried hex editor, not Kuriimu?
In which file is this text?

Last edited by masagrator,

bandithedoge

OP
Trophies
Website
bandithedoge.com
XP
Country
Poland
Confirmed working with 6.2.0
And because of no Polish language as system language many games that have Polish in other consoles don't have it in Switch release (mostly because devs don't want to add language menu in-game). For now i counted 71 games in that regard, from which 30 I accomplished to swap polish files with english.
We have Switch officially in Poland, but not from Nintendo. We have it from Czech distributor.
And thanks for this project. I will check it and write any errors that i found if you are not confident of your language skills. :D
And about it:
https://camo.githubusercontent.com/...92e696d6775722e636f6d2f6d4a54473542542e706e67
Have you tried hex editor, not Kuriimu?
In which file is this text?
Around the beginning of myPage and at the end of setting.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It looks like it can be done with hex editor, but i need possible translations for this.
I don't know for what are words from
MypMyStatus_PresenceOff* - How long ago i was logged in?
FrdCard_PresenceOff* - How long ago my friend was logged in?

How it looks?
"Offline: 30 minutes"?

Last edited by masagrator,

bandithedoge

OP
Trophies
Website
bandithedoge.com
XP
Country
Poland
It looks like it can be done with hex editor, but i need possible translations for this.
I don't know for what are words from
MypMyStatus_PresenceOff* - How long ago i was logged in?
FrdCard_PresenceOff* - How long ago my friend was logged in?

How it looks?
"Offline: 30 minutes"?
Just check the .msbt files in Kuriimu. Are you used to working with .msbt and .szs files with LayeredFS? We could use some help.

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nintendo never gave a shit about us. They don't officially sell anything in Poland. I bought my Switch used from Allegro (Polish eBay equivalent) and it's imported. It's been like that since the 80s since, you know, Poland was occupied by commies and Nintendo didn't want to deal with commies. Looks like they think Europe still ends on Germany.
Mmh. I remember I bought my Wii 2007 in an electronic store in Gdansk during a family visit. It would cost 20€ more than in germany (wtf) but we didn't care.

Anyway, great you do a polish language support. A shame Nintendo doesnt offer it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thanks for your contribution and project idea :)
it's nice to see the first system mod.

Just curious : does it adds a new language option, or replaces an exiting one?
based on your layeredFS folder's name, I'd guess it replaces english?

I know szs are often considered illegal to share and translation team are required to release patches instead, that's because it doesn't always contain text only (it can contain game assets, like Mario kart's tracks, textures, etc.)

I added a new System mod category on wikitemp.

bandithedoge

OP
Trophies
Website
bandithedoge.com
XP
Country
Poland
thanks for your contribution and project idea :)
it's nice to see the first system mod.

Just curious : does it adds a new language option, or replaces an exiting one?
based on your layeredFS folder's name, I'd guess it replaces english?

I know szs are often considered illegal to share and translation team are required to release patches instead, that's because it doesn't always contain text only (it can contain game assets, like Mario kart's tracks, textures, etc.)

I added a new System mod category on wikitemp.

It replaces English. You can change the folder names in the files if you want to replace another language, but it will still say "Polish (by bandithedoge & spaqin)" instead of "English" in the settings.

If you have doubts about the legality of these. szs files, read this post.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have read this other thread before posting here.
it doesn't change the legality, it only allows you to post them ;)
Even if it contained illegal material (it doesn't) and the admin allowed you, that wouldn't change the legality. we would allow you if the admin said so, waiting for any c&d or dmca notice to remove it. we already did that in the past.

But what you are doing here is replace all original content from english package by custom content. this is therefore allowed, because you share your own creation only. your own word choice, etc.
If you were releasing a full pack (.nca file) containing all other official languages too, that would be harder to decide if it's legal or not because you would be sharing nintendo's text choice and binary data along yours.
a patch would be preferred in that case, even if text only might be a less offending reason than picture/sound/data/code.

what I meant in my previous message is that it's not the file format which is copyrighted or illegal to share, but what's inside. szs is not illegal to share, like wad (for wii) or cia (for 3DS) are not illegal either, depends what's inside.

Maybe other languages project will be created now that you released yours.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: bandithedoge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1