ROM Hack COMPLETED Octodad: Dadliest Catch MultiTranslation - Polish, Hungarian, Romanian and Italian

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's required to have patch v262144 (aka 1.0.4) installed.
It adds support for:
- Italian
- Polish
- Hungarian
- Romanian

Italian should be now choosed as default if you have system language set as Italian and you don't have any saves.
I'm not familiar with Italian, Hungarian and Romanian, so every comments about bugs are welcome.

Attachments

• OctodadMulti-1.0.zip
    329.3 KB · Views: 181
Reactions: zoogie

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
xml are fine, but what are the other binary files? please don't share them.

you know, to comply and prevent any questions about legality you should use xdelta patches instead of provided files to replace as LayeredFS ready.
so, even if it's just simple text file or setting changes, you should just provide patches instead of modified extracted files.

there are batch to do all the extraction and patching for end users, so it's not hard. they only need to provide switch keys (which everybody hacking their console should have anyway).
get example from the batch file from underproject and use it for all your translations.
thanks.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no, I didn't open the irr files, I thought it was a binary based on its size.
you are right, it's a xml with lot of settings. (like a LOT haha)

I'm not sure to understand if it's really a translation, or you just edited some settings to unlock an existing official version usually not selectable?
you probably didn't translate the game in three languages in few days, even less if you don't understand that language.

it's more like a mod to unlock existing languages.
Edit: I'll list it as translation, it'll be easier to find.

Last edited by Cyan,

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah, no one should think after reading this:
I'm not familiar with Italian, Hungarian and Romanian
that I translated this. :D

It adds 4 languages to choose from option menu, because files are there, but lines were missing in xml file.
I took ContentPatch from patched version of game, because original Content.zip has many assets and it's around 550 MB, added one edited xml file to ContentPatch.zip and voila.

Last edited by masagrator,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...