COMPLETED Octodad: Dadliest Catch MultiTranslation - Polish, Hungarian, Romanian and Italian

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by masagrator, Dec 21, 2018.

1. masagrator
    OP

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    It's required to have patch v262144 (aka 1.0.4) installed.
    It adds support for:
    - Italian
    - Polish
    - Hungarian
    - Romanian

Italian should be now choosed as default if you have system language set as Italian and you don't have any saves.
    I'm not familiar with Italian, Hungarian and Romanian, so every comments about bugs are welcome.

Attached Files:

zoogie likes this.
  2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    xml are fine, but what are the other binary files? please don't share them.

you know, to comply and prevent any questions about legality you should use xdelta patches instead of provided files to replace as LayeredFS ready.
    so, even if it's just simple text file or setting changes, you should just provide patches instead of modified extracted files.

there are batch to do all the extraction and patching for end users, so it's not hard. they only need to provide switch keys (which everybody hacking their console should have anyway).
    get example from the batch file from underproject and use it for all your translations.
    thanks.

3. masagrator
    OP

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    You even checked them? There are no binary/compiled files inside. There are xml and irr, both are ASCII files based on XML.

Last edited by masagrator, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    no, I didn't open the irr files, I thought it was a binary based on its size.
    you are right, it's a xml with lot of settings. (like a LOT haha)

I'm not sure to understand if it's really a translation, or you just edited some settings to unlock an existing official version usually not selectable?
    you probably didn't translate the game in three languages in few days, even less if you don't understand that language.

it's more like a mod to unlock existing languages.
    Edit: I'll list it as translation, it'll be easier to find.

Last edited by Cyan, Dec 21, 2018
  5. masagrator
    OP

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    Yeah, no one should think after reading this:
    that I translated this. :D

It adds 4 languages to choose from option menu, because files are there, but lines were missing in xml file.
    I took ContentPatch from patched version of game, because original Content.zip has many assets and it's around 550 MB, added one edited xml file to ContentPatch.zip and voila.

Last edited by masagrator, Dec 21, 2018
  6. Gorriah

Gorriah Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2019
    Italy
    The only problem here, is that there is no way to find AD5P nowadays :-/

7. masagrator
    OP

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland