BCn56F5.png

RIP in piece remmber u 5ever :(

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a bad game but it's not THAT bad :unsure:
Yes... yes it IS THAT bad. Flappy Bird isn't just a trash game... its an idea, an injustice, and a lesson about everything wrong with Mobile. Instead of Creativity being rewarded and plagiarism shunned, Flappy Bird shows that often the case its the other way around. Flappy Bird has no aspiration, no work, no ambition, no creativity, and no charm. It doesn't ever try. Its just riding off the tailwind of the casual market, as it banks ridiculous amounts of ad money each day that completely undermines the philosophy and sacrifices of game development.

Its offensive that a simple ripoff game like Flappy Bird stands to be more profitable, more successful, and more remembered than a game where art is something that's taken seriously like Another World, or Okami to name a few.

Flappy Bird holds back mobile because it's teaching developers that no one is getting tired of repetition, and that they should just carry on cloning.

Reactions: Nightwish

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Can someone please tell me the story behind this? The creator hates it and everyone else does too?
The creator hates it mostly because it causes a shitstorm in his local community and country, where the average income is roughly $100-200 per year per person. Imagine suddenly making $50k+ a day without any kind of real "effort" after making the original game. That'll strike a nerve in many people's mind.

As for the hate for the game by the average gamer and 'temper, it's easy to sum as a general hate for anything not on a dedicated home console or PC. If someone enjoys a game and the game is released on iOS/Android, it doesn't make the game any less worthy than say a Wii U Mario game. I've tried the game and can see the challenge in it. Still I wouldn't say GOTY material, but entertaining for a while. Just like Angry Birds, Clash of Clans, Cut the Rope, Temple Run, Candy Crush Saga, etc. If nothing else, Flappy Bird is a classic example of a game that you can pick up, play a few rounds and then continue what you were doing. Can't say the same with all types of games, thus its existence.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes... yes it IS THAT bad. Flappy Bird isn't just a trash game... its an idea, an injustice, and a lesson about everything wrong with Mobile. Instead of Creativity being rewarded and plagiarism shunned, Flappy Bird shows that often the case its the other way around. Flappy Bird has no aspiration, no work, no ambition, no creativity, and no charm. It doesn't ever try. Its just riding off the tailwind of the casual market, as it banks ridiculous amounts of ad money each day that completely undermines the philosophy and sacrifices of game development.

Its offensive that a simple ripoff game like Flappy Bird stands to be more profitable, more successful, and more remembered than a game where art is something that's taken seriously like Another World, or Okami to name a few.

Flappy Bird holds back mobile because it's teaching developers that no one is getting tired of repetition, and that they should just carry on cloning.
Wow.
Chill out its not that deep.

Bake

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I played it. It's not nearly as hard as people make it out to be. I really don't know why everyone thinks it's so hard, there are much harder games out there, like that QWOP running thingy. Was it's "difficutly" overhyped through tumblr and such? I don't know how it works but can't people make their own decisions on what's hard and not.

I made a score of 103 on it and a bit ashamed of myself. However hard or not, the game is really really boring and stupid.

Reactions: Kippykip

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure someone is going to mirror Flappy Birds. It's frustrating to play, but it doesn't match Ninja Gaiden 1 NES difficulty.
oJZpmnU.jpg

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Really?

Gamers like you are the reason why they mass produce these sort of "games". It isn't a "game" that benefits anything just another crappy F2P "game". As you can see I use the term "game" very loosely to these sort of things. Pong too more effort to make than this game.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... stupid game becomes the rage; developer takes it off since he didn't want notoriety. It is gone because the developer wanted a different type of notoriety? Or was just afraid of being popular in general?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Drug Mule Bot roll out!