Hacking 5.4.0 progress

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm very happy for the apparent browser exploit including 5.5.1, great news for when the IOSU exploit is released! BUT...

I'm also VERY interested if anyone else has had success/experience with installing game updates through wupinstaller on 5.4.0.

Has anyone been able to successfully install updates bigger than Super Mario Maker (189MB for US most recent) on 5.4.0?

ikarius031

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oops, i gave you the wrong link. :P

Isn't one of the reasons to release the kexploit that Marionumer1 mentioned is that if more people are willing to contribute to the scene?
@Marionumber1 @NWPlayer123 @Mathew_Wi.

I believe they said it needed more dev as homebrew... not hackers wanting to pirate, but again, I could be wrong. Still the dedication in just one day should be something to consider, but then again they got their reason and I respect them.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the Loadiine Unknown version to display "No ksploit" text, but that's it.

Here's what I do:
  1. Turn on Wii U.
  2. Launch System Setting, wait 3 seconds, back out.
  3. Launch web browser.
  4. Open the TV curtains if they aren't already.
  5. Navigate to the 05SonicBlue webpage.
  6. Start mashing the open/close curtains button (X) and at the same time select "Kernel - Loadiine OSDriver"
  7. Keep mashing until black screen appears, then stop.
If it doesn't say "Success, restarting browser" and instead says "Race attack failed! Restarting kernel", back out of System Settings again and redo it from step 3 until it does.

I don't know why, but mashing the curtains button when I launch the kernel makes it work far more often. Is there any explanation to this or is it just a fluke?

After all that, you can return to the browser, bring up the webpage again, and launch "Loadiine V1 (Run Loadiine specific kernel first)", return to home menu, launch Mii Maker, select game from Loadiine, close Mii Maker, and launch Smash Bros.

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Here's what I do:
  1. Turn on Wii U.
  2. Launch System Setting, wait 3 seconds, back out.
  3. Launch web browser.
  4. Open the TV curtains if they aren't already.
  5. Navigate to the 05SonicBlue webpage.
  6. Start mashing the open/close curtains button (X) and at the same time select "Kernel - Loadiine OSDriver"
  7. Keep mashing until black screen appears, then stop.
If it doesn't say "Success, restarting browser" and instead says "Race attack failed! Restarting kernel", back out of System Settings again and redo it from step 3 until it does.

I don't know why, but mashing the curtains button when I launch the kernel makes it work far more often. Is there any explanation to this or is it just a fluke?
Probably a coincidence. ;)

Last edited by AboodXD,
Reactions: Irastris

hollowtip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks for the suggestion. I tried a few times with your method and unfortunately got the same freezing results. I'll just wait for something that's more reliable before I even try this. If I can only get Loadiine to boot 1/100 times, than it's not worth it for me anyways. I'm sure the geniuses hear at GBA Temp will find a consistent way of getting this to work in no time :)

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks for the suggestion. I tried a few times with your method and unfortunately got the same freezing results. I'll just wait for something that's more reliable before I even try this. If I can only get Loadiine to boot 1/100 times, than it's not worth it for me anyways. I'm sure the geniuses hear at GBA Temp will find a consistent way of getting this to work in no time :)
Sorry for your misfortune. :(
I too hope we can someday have a permanent OSDriver exploit, followed by custom home icons for launching code. Now that would be killer.

Last edited by Irastris,

hollowtip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No worries :) reminds me of trying to burn the Utopia Boot Disk for booting Dreamcast backups. went through 10 CDRs and three different burners until we got the reindeer to appear on the screen.

Reactions: Deleted User

BootsLoader

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
No worries :) reminds me of trying to burn the Utopia Boot Disk for booting Dreamcast backups. went through 10 CDRs and three different burners until we got the reindeer to appear on the screen.

When your browser freeze try to clear the cookies / cache of your browser. Close the console for some time and then try again.

I'm back guys. Did we get other than loadiine v1 working on the wiiu? I was reading the posts but I ask just in case.

Also 5.5.1 seems very interesting, but didn't Nintendo patch the browser :wtf:. For now I think it is a mystery but there is hope after all for the people who updated.

So good news for everyone. The scene is advancing with small but steady steps. Can't wait to go back home and start testing again guys. Everyone did a very good job here and this proves that if we all work together we can achieve things if we have the right tools from devs ;)

josh87402

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
When your browser freeze try to clear the cookies / cache of your browser. Close the console for some time and then try again.

I'm back guys. Did we get other than loadiine v1 working on the wiiu? I was reading the posts but I ask just in case.

Also 5.5.1 seems very interesting, but didn't Nintendo patch the browser :wtf:. For now I think it is a mystery but there is hope after all for the people who updated.

So good news for everyone. The scene is advancing with small but steady steps. Can't wait to go back home and start testing again guys. Everyone did a very good job here and this proves that if we all work together we can achieve things if we have the right tools from devs ;)
If we keep going at this rate we might advance so much Homebrew would already be possible.

deeadbeef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I looked at original file structure hosted by sonicblue and found out he uses a loadiine.mp4 file, so I generated a loadiinev3.mp4 file using the toolchain hosted here: http://wiiubrew.net/ (and edited the HTML according to the new file)

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked at original file structure hosted by sonicblue and found out he uses a loadiine.mp4 file, so I generated a loadiinev3.mp4 file using the toolchain hosted here: http://wiiubrew.net/ (and edited the HTML according to the new file)
Any chance you could share that compiled .mp4 here? I have zero comprehension on using the toolchain to do it myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5