Hacking 5.01 exploit PoC

Bernhard

Psycho
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There isn't any downgrading method (that we know of), yet. You can only "rollback" from beta versions of 5.50 (there's an option in the menu for that). It's an official method, from Sony, to let people go back to the previous stable version if they encounter problems and they're unhappy with the beta.

All right? There isn't any "HDD thingy which allowed downgrading..." There never was. If you see a website promising you that you can downgrade, it's 100% fake. They want you to complete surveys, download a bunch of crap (viruses) and possibly even brick your console, because hey, why not.
ok thank you^^ i hate fake news... thx for clearing it up

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure that if there's news about a significantly larger portion of PS4s being able to be exploited you won't have to ask to find it. It'll be all over this thread and the dozen other similar ones. Just be patient.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm sure that if there's news about a significantly larger portion of PS4s being able to be exploited you won't have to ask to find it. It'll be all over this thread and the dozen other similar ones. Just be patient.
No kidding mate.
I'm being patient, I was just checking up to see if someone already knew something else about this since I don't use Twitter or other forum websites.

Reactions: peteruk

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No kidding mate.
I'm being patient, I was just checking up to see if someone already knew something else about this since I don't use Twitter or other forum websites.

Stuck in the same boat as you mate....

Whilst I am really pleased that others are now able to take part in all the fun on their 4.55 machines, it would be really nice for those of us stuck on 5.0X to enjoy the fun too

Reactions: kop365 and Yepi69

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No kidding mate.
I don't either but for the most part the forums are pretty active when it comes to this sort of thing, and whenever they're slow there's a "lag" window of only a few hours which won't kill anyone.

D

Deleted-355425

Stuck in the same boat as you mate....

Whilst I am really pleased that others are now able to take part in all the fun on their 4.55 machines, it would be really nice for those of us stuck on 5.0X to enjoy the fun too

Are you on 5.01?

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I swear every time an exploit gets released and my console is supported, I'm being torn between having to be able to play online or to never update and wait for a full exploit. I still have a PS+ subscription until april next year. :/

Bernhard

Psycho
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swear every time an exploit gets released and my console is supported, I'm being torn between having to be able to play online or to never update and wait for a full exploit. I still have a PS+ subscription until april next year. :/
i ve still ps plus still too^^ mine lasts till june 2019 but i ve no ps4 friends to play with xD so it s not that hard for me to play offline

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried this on my 5.50 beta 3 original PS4. It works after a few reloads of the browser. It dumps libwebkit just fine. Whenever I attempt to dump libkernel, I get a PS4 error about not enough free memory. Has anyone else on a 5.50 beta 3 console been able to successfully dump their libkernel? Just curious.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I tried this on my 5.50 beta 3 original PS4. It works after a few reloads of the browser. It dumps libwebkit just fine. Whenever I attempt to dump libkernel, I get a PS4 error about not enough free memory. Has anyone else on a 5.50 beta 3 console been able to successfully dump their libkernel? Just curious.

that's a kernel panic and it's normal to get them

Reactions: kop365 and OrGoN3

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sure, but it happens every time I attempt to dump libkernel. Every time. And I know other people have been able to dump their libkernel just fine. Hence me asking.

Can only suggest you keep trying, often these POC are quite buggy and take many times to get the desired result

It took me ages to get it to run at all, just keep trying, hope you manage to get it working

Reactions: kop365 and OrGoN3

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can only suggest you keep trying, often these POC are quite buggy and take many times to get the desired result

It took me ages to get it to run at all, just keep trying, hope you manage to get it working
I'll keep trying then and will report back with results! Or else!!!!!!!!!!! ^_^

Working_Goose

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Austria
PS4 on 5.05 and the exploit worked, thanks!
And now we play the waiting game.. what did you think how fast get that kind of access to install and play Homebrew apps on the PS4 (5.XX)?

And yeah, first posting! Hello World, my englisch ist bad and i like cookies

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q