Hacking 5.01 exploit PoC

Shah Isah

Trophies
XP
Country
I've had this update pop up on my online slim ps4 and even i was surprised by its 70mb size and also by how fast we got another update..

I'm in the EU and I'm still on 5.50 since 5.53 isn't mandatory and I got hopes that there's something that can be cooked up. But yeah, researched and found that this particular update is super small in size and requires no restart. Sony cut to the chase and patched whatever it was.

(PS4 platform is stable as furrrrk.)

Last edited by Shah Isah,

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I'm in the EU and I'm still on 5.50 since 5.53 isn't mandatory and I got hopes that there's something that can be cooked up. But yeah, researched and found that this particular update is super small in size and requires no restart. Sony cut to the chase and patched whatever it was.

(PS4 platform is stable as furrrrk.)
guess what's more weird now?
it downlaoded for me some hours ago and said "ready to install" i didn't install, just powered off ps4.

now powered back on to play some OW, and the update is gone.

Shah Isah

Trophies
XP
Country
guess what's more weird now?
it downlaoded for me some hours ago and said "ready to install" i didn't install, just powered off ps4.

now powered back on to play some OW, and the update is gone.

Wow. I got on to play some fortnite. And it instantly downloaded even though I have automatic downloads off. Got scared and cut WiFi and now I play offline games xD just what is Sony up to..

If the ps4 were to download the update and install automatically. That'd break laws. Just saying. I got spooked and I'm playing offline games.

Edit. I deleted the update. Minutes later it downloads itself again. Deleted and cut WiFi off once again..it's like they're forcing the update on my machine.

Last edited by Shah Isah,

Ukiwf1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Reactions: haski

Hasm12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it instantly downloaded even though I have automatic downloads off
That's normal, it will always download the latest update but if you have auto downloads off will give you the install prompt each time you boot up. At least it always has for me. The fact that it can be deleted/disappears is weird though, that should only be possible on earlier firmwares.

haski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Qwerty Will Never give us 5.05 or any Else kexploit. I have waiting that kex and many other but nothing comes out. So update console and buy switch, There are many people who gave their hax.
more is happening on the scene nintendo niches on the ps4 scene, people are starting to escape from there

Shah Isah

Trophies
XP
Country
Update to my last post. So I got back on my ps4. I let the update download but didn't update it. Now. When I try to play online/update fortnite software. It says that 5.53-01 is mandatory... Uhh!

Saaqi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
i wonder what is holding them back of releasing it?
It is my understanding that they want most of the people to update and Sony to start selling updated consoles which abviously hasn't happened yet.

They want the impact to be as low as possible. So Sony won't come after them like they did with geohot

That is why they keep telling people if you want to jailbreak don't update.

I saw in a tweet when someone asked qwerty do you have kex for 5.0x and qwerty replied you are 8 months late.

Reactions: Tomdoes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @btjunior sure, that'll cost you death