Hacking Suggestion 5.0.2 peoples--

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm spread pretty thin on the life right now, so work with me; yes, we are in hack country, but to get the hacks rolling, there are prerequisites; the one I'm referring to is using NX Loader, an Android phone, and the (I guess not having to use) USB converter (to connect Switch).

This is where I am: until 5.0.2 was released, I was able to use online (on 4.1), without issue. Specifically Switchbru, which now crashes (unless it was fixed?) due to the recent update. I was using https://web.airdroid.com (a server and client to connect your android to your ___, to see if a ripped youtube file could launch; it resulted in an error).

Surprise, surprise, using Switchbru, you can log into web.airdroid via Switch...or at least, you can if you have the new FW.

What I'm getting at: would someone on 5.0.2, who is willing to run NX Loader apk, have time to check if you can tether your phone to your Switch via web.airdroid (you'll also need the app on your phone) and see if you can successfully start the hack?

P.S. BE CAREFUL(ish) While airdroid is free, you can only connect two phones to your server. The work around would be multiple email addresses, but know that before you dive in. You do have the option to pay money to connect more devices.

P.P.S. You can stream stuff from your phone to Wii U for those without a computer/unable to run UsendMii/Plex/Playon.

Haztel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20180513_184105.jpg

airdroid is now running. So did you want to launcher nx-launcher from the switch using airdroid?

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
airdroid is now running. So did you want to launcher nx-launcher from the switch using airdroid?

Yes; I want to know how minimal we can make hacking, as far as physical objects go. So far (not counting SD card or android phone), we need: tinfoil, tape, and if we can use airdroid, we have effectively hacked a Switch for....free?

Haztel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes; I want to know how minimal we can make hacking, as far as physical objects go. So far (not counting SD card or android phone), we need: tinfoil, tape, and if we can use airdroid, we have effectively hacked a Switch for....free?

Would you still need the phone to be connected to the switch? What would the benefit of using airdroid, if you can connect load via RX loader?

H1B1Esquire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you still need the phone to be connected to the switch? What would the benefit of using airdroid, if you can connect load via RX loader?

Apologies, adulting :shit:. The benefit would be that you don't need to have a USB C-A adapter or cable. I imagine the same would apply once the Switch has the NX--you'll have "CFW/HB" once you launch "Albums" and you'll have to re-launch NX every time you sleep-freeze or power down, but the convenience is, no cables or adapters are necessary.

Sorry if that's misplaced info. my life.

Haztel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies, adulting :shit:. The benefit would be that you don't need to have a USB C-A adapter or cable. I imagine the same would apply once the Switch has the NX--you'll have "CFW/HB" once you launch "Albums" and you'll have to re-launch NX every time you sleep-freeze or power down, but the convenience is, no cables or adapters are necessary.

Sorry if that's misplaced info. my life.

Airdroid only mirrors content from the phone to the device. Almost like a monitor. Data would still need the transfer from NXLoader to Switch and I just don't see that happening with this method sadly. The switch is acting as a remote that controls the host. It's not connected in that sort of way. It's just like teamspeak when you run an application on a host computer nothing really runs on the remote client.

Best portable option would still most likely switch -> phone using a cable.

Reactions: jakibaki

H1B1Esquire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best portable option would still most likely switch -> phone using a cable.

I figured as much--still would have been cool. I also guess it isn't as bad as Ninty spending real money trying to prevent hacks......that tape and tinfoil circumvented.

Thank you much for looking into this for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth