Hacking 4GB solid microSD for the R4

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jenngcia said:
BUT HOLD YOUR HORSES! I bought one, tried it on a R4 (second gen - without spring). Firmware 1.18. RAW (not formatted, since FAT16 doesn't handle 4GB, and I doubt R4 can read FAT32). STUCKED on first screen (Loading...)

FAT32 is fine.

jenngcia

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Since the Solid 4GB MicroSD will not work with the R4, it's makes no sense buying over the SDHC. If you are using a different card (Acekard, Edge, etc), it's better to get the SDHC one, since it's industry standard, so less chance of incompatibility.

BTW, the 4GB Sandisk you posted is a fake. Note that the MIcroSD itself is not branded.

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Thanks for the warning. I didnt know it was fake. So does the A-Data I bought last year. It gets corrupted everytime and now then.

So R4 will not work with a solid 4GB. I noted that. Im glad I didnt buy the card. Im glad to be poor. haha

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clubecgr said:
Thanks for the warning. I didnt know it was fake. So does the A-Data I bought last year. It gets corrupted everytime and now then.

So R4 will not work with a solid 4GB. I noted that. Im glad I didnt buy the card. Im glad to be poor. haha

Even non fake cards corrupt. Has happened to me a few times.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...