Hacking (4.x only) CIA CFW Complete Guide

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Always throws an error that reboots the system at step 12 (launching the CFW). I can't read it since my 4.x 3DS is Japanese lol, but is this the supposed "could take a few times" error?

Heard this has to do with wrong ROP installed/wrong launcher, I just followed the guide so I have the Homebrew 4.x and the regular launcher.dat.

E: Nvm, followed these instructions and it works now. https://gbatemp.net/threads/4-x-only-cia-cfw-complete-guide.373532/page-11#post-5145746

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it really normal that the CFW only starts on every 30th try? Does it have something to do with the ROP loader that is installed?

Another question: I installed the PlayCoinSetter from CIA, but it doesn't work. The same works on GW emuNand. Is the PlayCoinSetter known to not work on CFW?

djalmafreestyler

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've successfully installed everything, but games with a download play option prevent the entirety of local multiplayer from working. I'm not talking about using the dowload play option, rather that games with it cause local multiplayer to not work.

When I enter the local multiplayer on games, everything seems fine, but it never connects to other games and creating a room freezes the game. Pressing b to exit local multiplayer will also cause it to freeze.
This happens to me in games like mario kart 7, Mario Open Tennis, Yoshi's New Island, and Kirby Triple Deluxe.

I've deleted everything, formatted my sd card with SD formatter using the format size adjustment, and reinstalled everything 3 times now, but it has solved nothing.

I installed the CFW on my brother's 3DS, the compatibility with fw 4.5 is perfect, exploit works fine , I enter in CFW mode most of times in first try, but I'm having the same problem when I try to play local multiplayer, tried with Mario Kart 7, so I'm only playing online.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I installed the CFW on my brother's 3DS, the compatibility with fw 4.5 is perfect, exploit works fine , I enter in CFW mode most of times in first try, but I'm having the same problem when I try to play local multiplayer, tried with Mario Kart 7, so I'm only playing online.
Palantine CFW I guess? Which ROP loader are you using?

djalmafreestyler

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I don't use ROPloader anymore because now I have fw 4.5 and the compatibility is so much better as I said in my last post, before update the 3DS to 4.5 I had fw 4.2 and the exploit didn't work if you just go to Profile Nintendo DS, so I just used ROPloader on Gateway 4x to run GW laucher (to format emunand) and CFW exploit.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't use ROPloader anymore because now I have fw 4.5 and the compatibility is so much better as I said in my last post, before update the 3DS to 4.5 I had fw 4.2 and the exploit didn't work if you just go to Profile Nintendo DS, so I use ROPloader on Gateway 4x to run GW laucher (to format emunand) and CFW exploit.
Ok, but which loader are you using to launch the CFW (Palantine?)? I'm also on 4.5, but it only works like every 20th oder 30th try.

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, what a waste of time... for some reason SaveDataFiler can't read me retail MH4G cartridge and says it's broken while it works fine when playing... I just wanted to export it so I can play with the cia version of the game.
Other retail CARD1 carts I tested work tho (MH3G, MH4).

Hopefully a newer version of SDF will get leaked... I guess the card maybe uses a save crypto that isn't supported.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So picking a different option in rop loader will solve the problem? I'm using the homebrew 4.x option in the provided rop multiloader, but local multiplayer doesn't work in games with the download play option.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So picking a different option in rop loader will solve the problem? I'm using the homebrew 4.x option in the provided rop multiloader, but local multiplayer doesn't work in games with the download play option.
The CFW does not load at all for me with the homebrew 4.x option in rop installer. With gateway 4x or the original Gateway installer it takes like 30 tries to make the CFW load. Is there no way to make loading the CFW more stable?

jarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why won't ctrclient connect? I have tried numerous times. It never connects...EVER...
Does anyone have any suggestions beside keep trying? I have hit the exploit tonnes of times but I cant install devmenu....please help.

jarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im going to try with an old xp pc that I'm upgrading to vista. There will be no firewall or antivirus and my 3ds ip is fine. I was trying on 2 diff pc's with win7 ultimate x64. I cant seem to find the issue.
I have a 4.5.0-10U 3DS. I've tried both Palantine and GovanifY cfw and I can launch the exploit using either cfw. Its just this devmenu install that has me stumped.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Have you fixed the local multiplayer problem yet?

djalmafreestyler

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Have you fixed the local multiplayer problem yet?

Nope, actually I'm looking for this. I installed CFW in my brother's 3DS but we can't play in local multiplayer :/

SpaceJump

That's strange, because when I had fw 4.2 and only the gateway 4x worked, I had to try to load CFW mode many times but it worked , now with 4.5 it's more stable (at least in my 3DS XL), most of times it loads the CFW in first try, I though that 4.5 has more compatibility but in your 3DS is not happening the same.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nope, actually I'm looking for this. I installed CFW in my brother's 3DS but we can't play in local multiplayer :/

SpaceJump

That's strange, because when I had fw 4.2 and only the gateway 4x worked, I had to try to load CFW mode many times but it worked , now with 4.5 it's more stable (at least in my 3DS XL), most of times it loads the CFW in first try, I though that 4.5 has more compatibility but in your 3DS is not happening the same.
Maybe it is the SD card. What brand are you using?

toddhah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
anybody got a alternate rop loader for Taiwanese consoles? tried several loaders but it keeps kicking me back to the home menu and restarts.
GW and mt card launchers work though.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My SD Card is: Micro SD 16 GB Sandisk Ultra + Adapter.

Edit: Maybe it my SD Card, my brother has the same SD Card, and we have the same problem. :(
So I gave it a try and changed the SD card and now it loads much more reliable. Like every 5th try, which is much better than every 30th try like with the other SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o