Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by snowmanman, Jun 25, 2010.

Jun 25, 2010

4.3 by snowmanman at 7:31 PM (1,489 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. snowmanman
    OP

Newcomer snowmanman Member

United States
    My friend wants to buy a Wii soon, but now that 4.3 is out there doesn't appear to be a way to softmod yet. I was wondering if Wiis have shipped with 4.3 installed or is 4.2 still available?

He has to buy it at Best Buy because he has a ton of giftcards, and what else could you possibly buy at Best Buy? So buying online is out of the question.

2. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    It should still be 4.2 (or even 4.1) at the moment
    There may be a way to softmod 4.3 by the time you get the Wii though [​IMG]

3. snowmanman
    OP

United States
    Cool thanks. He'll probably buy it tomorrow. Has anyone bought a Wii recently that can confirm this?

4. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    even if they shipped 4.3 wiis which i doubt, best buy will sell you one of the 50000 black sports resort bundles they have before they sold you a new one

5. snowmanman
    OP

United States
    Yeah this all seems reasonable. Imma tell him to get one.

6. Kayot

Member Kayot GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I bought one two days ago from Walmart in Fairfax Ohio. 4.2U

I have to say, it was an easy hack. I had it hacked in like 40min or so. The only faster hack I've done was a PSP which was hacked before the first stop light.

P.S. If you know someone that isn't made of @$$ that works at Walmart get them to use their 10% discount on the system, a 320gb travel drive, an SD (not sdhc) card, and an energizer recharge pad. Besides the card it cost me 300.54$. I didn't need the sd card.

7. harmor

Member harmor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You can use SDHC cards. I have an 8gb SDHC card.
    My cousin works at Wal-Mart [​IMG]

8. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    4.3 was just released, it won't be on new Wiis yet. Maybe in a couple of weeks they'll start appearing, but by then there should be a new HackMii Installer.

9. fst312

Member fst312 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    although its bound to happen a part of me for some reason doesn't want 4.3 to be hacked.let it be unhackable for new wii users so when they get a wii they find out that they can't softmod it like they planned when it was bought.i don't how many of you feel the way i do but right now if i'm correct you don't need 4.3 for ios58 or 80.

edit
    just seen waninkoko has a 4.3 updater but i'm not even going to touch it.

10. Kayot

Member Kayot GBAtemp Fan

United States
    As far as SDHC goes, a few pieces of the 'Hack a 4.2U system' had an issue with my SDHC. It seems they were written once upon a time and don't like SDHCmicro's from Kingston. I had to pull a SDmicro from my blackberry to continue the hack. For the most part, after the hack is done I use my HD for all my homebrew etc and don't bother with the card.

Is there a way to emulate the SD slot to the USB 2.0 HD port? I'd love to put my N64 and other game wads onto it instead of the NAND or SD slot.

11. George Dawes

Member George Dawes Wanker

Trinidad and Tobago
    Why would you want that? Some sort of superiority/child complex? "I can run homebrew on my wii and you can't. Nyah nyah nuh-nyah nyah!!".

I hope your wii explodes and you need to buy a new one.

Kayot: You need uneek - it will let you run from an emulated NAND on usb, giving you gbs of storage space (although you'll still be limited to 47channels). The other alternative is to use triiforce or the like to run your ww/vc with.

12. fst312

Member fst312 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    that is not my reason.sometimes i just feel sorry for nintendo that i hope when they get an update they can get it done right and make their system hard to hack into. looking at the wii i know that will never happen and its to late.i have a feeling the next nintendo console is going to be announced at september or when ever the next video game show is i think its called gdc or tokyo gameshow.also like zelda twilight princess i bet nintendo is going to say skyward sword is coming to the wii and the next wii console rumored before E3 called wii hifi.

sorry if i went off topic but i don't want to create a new thread about zelda.