Hacking 4.3 Sticky

thesund0g

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does anyone care to do a 4.3 mod guide and get it stickied? I only suggest this as there are so many people skipping the stickied guides and asking about 4.3. I know it isn't all that complicated (IOS patch/downgrade), but we seem to have so many noob posts asking about it. I'm on 3.2 and don't really care to upgrade, else I'd do it myself. We should at least update the title on the softmod guide to reflect this, if nothing else.
smile.gif

I'm all about helping noobs, but if we can cut down on all the extraneous/redundant posts, all the better. A Wii is a terrible thing to waste.
smile.gif

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty sure NUS auto downloader handles 4.3 now...
people who skip the stickies just plain skip the stickies, no added info will change that
tongue.gif

thesund0g

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks, but if there's a sticky that explicitly refers to 4.3 in the title, I believe it'll cut down on the number of garbage/redundant posts. LOTS of people asking about 4.3. Yes, people will skip it still, but it will help cut down on the noise at least. We used to have a lot more stickies here, and it seemed to help. I miss having those for noobs -- i.e. people afraid to search for their solutions.

Just point to NUSAD or w/e and the existing softmod guide and ask a mod to get it stickied. I'm a lil too under the influence to do it myself now.
biggrin.gif

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thesund0g said:
Thanks, but if there's a sticky that explicitly refers to 4.3 in the title, I believe it'll cut down on the number of garbage/redundant posts. LOTS of people asking about 4.3. Yes, people will skip it still, but it will help cut down on the noise at least. We used to have a lot more stickies here, and it seemed to help. I miss having those for noobs -- i.e. people afraid to search for their solutions.

Just point to NUSAD or w/e and the existing softmod guide and ask a mod to get it stickied. I'm a lil too under the influence to do it myself now.
biggrin.gif
in my experience, MORE stickies makes the good stickies less likely to be read. on forums that have like 10 stickies I just breeze right past them because I know at least 75% of them are trash
tongue.gif

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thesund0g said:
I'm really only advocating updating the existing stickies, they are good enough but are being skipped by many as you inadvertently so aptly indicated.
biggrin.gif
eh.. the NUS auto downloader says HOW TO MOD ANY WII
not sure how much simpler it can get XD

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thesund0g said:
I believe it'll cut down on the number of garbage/redundant posts..

No it wont
and people wll just say "oh thats from weeks ago, I want to be up to date"
(Ive actually heard that from someone who didnt want to follow the mod any wii sticky)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1