4.2 UPDATE GUIDE ? or howto properly update soft modded wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by operat0r, Nov 30, 2010.

1. operat0r
    OP

operat0r Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2009
    United States
    UPDATE: 8:46 PM 11/30/2010
    Updated priiloader hacks.ini and enabled regin free channels now Art of Balance works fine

UPDATE : 4:52 PM 11/28/2010
    well still have issues with Art of Balance (2010) (WiiWare) and Grease but i updated to cios 14 and dont have to reboot to play new game. So thats good..
    Art of Balance (2010) (WiiWare) I use free the wads and I get error like -4000 ret or something

UPDATE: 9:37 PM 11/27/2010
    Still looking around but I did find this post ( dont do this just notes ) :
    http://gbatemp.net/t236577-new-system-menu...p;#entry2932730

* new grease game I download dies after white screen (this may be just a bad ripp etc but .. I don't care but I have modded several Wii's ( 6 ) using preloader and some bootmii )

* I want to update all the Wii's I have soft modded properly !
    * i have googled etc and can't find a guide for just updating I don't want to just pick a point in a softmod guide and failsause brick the wii ..

Here is MY wii as an example:
    * as stated some are bootmii and preloader (boot1 I can assume for preloader )

* updated HBC recently 1.0.8 ( HBC says I have CIOS61 v19.26)
    * also downloaded the most recent and installed via NUSD (35,37,38 ) to get the wiiware sonic game to work
    * preloader .29 says I can update to .30 but does not work stopps ad downloading changelog )

* preloader says I have IOS v60 and System menu v417
    * in wad manager I can selectet these IOSs:
    (default) 249
    9-17
    20-22
    33-38

* hackmii .8 ( can only install as IOS because i have preloader in boot1 I can assume )

Q:'s
    * other then specific game patches what all do I need to worry about being updated JUST all the latest IOS's ?
    * how can I make all this happy and updated ... ?
    * preloader ? or bootmii ? or dont fuck with it ?
    * do they have a uber wiiware usb pack that will just run off SD yet and not have to install > move > delete ?
    * what is this "emulate update" in NUSD or should I not mess with that ?

With the holidays coming up I am sure my family will have issues with some stupid game they buy... so I need to figure this all out so I can PROPERLY update a Wii ??

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice