Hacking 4.1

Beerus

Gbatemp's God Of Destruction
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
your choice bud lower is better but currently there is nothing released for 4.x.x but apparently there are modchips that work on all fw(currently not released) so its up to you

Reactions: KingMoogle

Frezgle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to add something to the "lower is better" advice, despite there not being kernel or trustzone access on 4.x, there may be in the future, depending on if exploits are found. If you're banking on CFW down the line to get stable homebrew, stay where you are. Don't update with the idea of, "well, I'm past the point of no return anyway, so might as well update". Future firmwares may get their exploits too, but with each new patch, that becomes less and less likely.

Reactions: KingMoogle
D

Deleted User

I disagree with 4.1 , I support 3.142 more, why is this strange number?
Srsly tho, why is this thread's title so uninformative?
Also google next time

KingMoogle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I disagree with 4.1 , I support 3.142 more, why is this strange number?
Srsly tho, why is this thread's title so uninformative?
Also google next time
Seems fine to me, the title was enough for people to enter and read the context of the thread.

Information is forever changing weekly within the homebrew scene.
I'd rather have him ask then not to ask.

D

Deleted User

Seems fine to me, the title was enough for people to enter and read the context of the thread.

Information is forever changing weekly within the homebrew scene.
I'd rather have him ask then not to ask.
Homebrew changes weekly yet nothing is released this week that wasnt last week... and the same rule is here since the beggining of time- lower ver=more hax. Upgrading is 1 way... it was thisway for 3ds, for wiiu, for ps3/4, you may also considet ds in the list

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew changes weekly yet nothing is released this week that wasnt last week... and the same rule is here since the beggining of time- lower ver=more hax. Upgrading is 1 way... it was thisway for 3ds, for wiiu, for ps3/4, you may also considet ds in the list
The 3ds and ps3 were both downgradeable, at the very least through hardware methods. So not exactly one way.

Edit: 100th post!

Last edited by reminon,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3ds and ps3 were downgradable, and the 3ds could even do it through software.

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Meh if Team X's solutions is someway hardware related a fw version should not really matter. But sadly we dont know what both their options entail or what their limits are at this point. For me .. im just watching it all unfold and currently nothing is stopping me from updating when needed to use some new functionality on my Nintendo Switch.

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just look at the ps3.... After those whole year it got an exploit (doesn't work on all hardware but might get ported) So yeah lower better.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally, I will keep my Switch updated until there are rumor of a higher fw exploit
For example, I didnt get Gateway until the 9.0-9.2 exploit because it was too new on 4.5
I prefer to wait and have stable enough exploit that wont risk my Switch to get banned

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: happy birth +1