Hacking 4-0 updater

chicken11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
my wii was 3.4e, i down graded to 3.2e and installed star fall,had no problems at all, had cioscorps 3.3 installed,then installed cioscorps 3.4 and still had no problems,nad neogamma v6 ,my son wanted the sd card on,so i ran ios 60 installer then ran waninkoko 4.0 updater,all was well so i thought,as soon as i started 4.0 updater i went for a kip,when i returned to wii few hours later i had press ok on screen, me thinking all was done,i pressed a and the wii went off and it died,no menu ,i had bricked my wii. i have got another wii now, its on 3.4e , i have again installed cioscorp 3.4, my question is, what did i do wrong, i have done the update thing before on a friends wii but it was months ago and i had not down graded or installed cioscorp,how can i safely update my wii to 4 or 4.1, i am on 3.4e, is it cause of cioscorp that i bricked my wii, any help wood really be great, i want to update to 4 or 4.1 so i can have sd card on menu, i am worried about doing the same again, i was going to just run 4 up dater but am scared, any advice please

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo updated IOS60 to a stub, and that installer installs the newest version which equals a Stub is Why you Bricked

edit: by the way i'm just guessing, cause i haven't used that updater, But i wouldn't use it on my other wii if i was you

Gino_Drago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
Dont Use IOS60 Downloader/Patcher Again...it is downloading the latest IOS60, and now it is an STUB IOS. That is why you lost your Wii.
You notice the problem only when coming back to System Menu and as it needs IOS60 its is dead.
There is not solution to this unless you had BOOTMI as Boot2. otherwise, send it to Nintendo.

Many people are still using IOS60 Downloader/Patching and killing there Wiis (i was one of them a couple of days ago).

chicken11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for all the help, can i use cioscorps 3.4 with 4.2, i like being able to play games through disc channel, will i lose this if i up grade and can i just re install it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1