Hardware 3rd-party N3DS Circle Pad Stick Concerns

Stash23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I need some guidance from anyone who's familiar with repairing N3DS parts...

I made a recent purchase of a N3DS circle pad stick (I'm referring to the rubber and plastic piece, not the mechanical part) and its surprisingly smaller than my OEM one. I can size them up and clearly see differences. I'm certain I've received a 3rd-party stick. Before purchasing I did read the seller's description that the items sold were indeed Nintendo-genuine but I see now that's not the case. Aside from the obvious and contacting the seller to depute this, I'd want to know how 3rd-party sticks could fair. I'm a bit wary of trusting my gameplay with such a stick. (My most intensive game is Smash 3DS.)

I really had hoped to have received 100% genuine so I wouldn't stress, but now I gotta deal with this...
So has anyone come across horror stories of any kind? Or can I trust this stick as well as I did with OEM?

If anyone has links to a seller that *actually* deals with selling OEM parts, please link them to me.

kSLvt97.jpg

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It probably isn't a third party stick, it's probably just from a different 3DS model and the seller sent you the wrong one. A while ago I had to buy a replacement for the mechanical part of the circle pad for my 2DS, and I received a 3DS one instead, but thankfully the 3DS one worked just fine in the 2DS.

Reactions: fmkid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1