Siedlik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have bought three 3rd party docks and 3 of them dont work on my switch.
I tried one of them on family switch and its also not working.

Both switches work on the original dock.

Ttm3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has been widely thought that 3rd party docks are one of the biggest murderers of switches. Not sure how much truth is in that, but I steer clear of them for that reason. There are 3rd party dock housings that allow you to take the guts from the Nintendo dock & install them in a smaller housing. Which is the route I took as I don't want to chance bricking my switch

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

US $9.99 | DIY Portable Replacement nintend switch dock Mini Dock Case Cover with Screws
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNjQlHb

Siedlik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It didn't brick it, both consoles still works on the original dock.

So the question is, is Nintendo blocking 3rd party docks or something is wrong with them.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That is no rumor.
Pre fw 5.0 3rd party docks worked with the switch. But after a while of using they didn't work anymore and the usb-c output was permanently broken. With the release of fw5.0 they accelerated that problem and the switches bricked faster.
It has something to do with the usb power delivery protocol which nintendo abused and while 3rd party docks comply with them they served the system too much power and thus fried the video-out-over-usb chip inside the switch.

After that nintendo patched in measures that prohibited the use of 3rd party docks.

TL:DR Don't use them with your switch. Only use nintendo ones since they also talk that broken usb pd protocol.

Last edited by GothicIII,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2