3rd Party Classic Controller Lags in Wii U when playing emulators

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by RunkMunk, Nov 20, 2013.

1. RunkMunk
    OP

RunkMunk Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2013
    Hi!

My 2 3rd party classic controllers (from China or Hong Kong; http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Class...US_Video_Game_Controllers&hash=item460fbb4811) came today and I connected it up to first my 3rd party Wii remote controller (from snakebyte) and it worked like crap.

Then I connected it to my real wii remote controller and it worked. However, when I go to Homebrew, start up Snes9x emulator, it lags about 0.5 seconds when I push and that really sux.

Now, I'm curious; is this because of 3rd party or does all classic controllers lag when playing emulators such as snes9x on WiiU? Might it be a sensor bar thing or was I just stupid to buy cheap 3rd party stuff? xD

edit: has anyone successfully played snes9x roms on WiiU (through homebrew channel -> snes9x) with a real wii classic controller flawlessly without any delay or lag when pushing buttons or control pad?

2. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    I don't know what's going on, but I can guarantee you the sensor bar isn't to blame. It's not really a sensor bar, just a couple of infrared LED lights that the wii remote (which houses the actual sensor) uses to determine where it is, how it's moving, etc. You should be able to run emulators just fine without even having a sensor bar at all (at least once the emulator is started).