3in1 problem after changing memory card

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by shinnyuuya, Jul 21, 2009.

Jul 21, 2009
  1. shinnyuuya
    OP

Member shinnyuuya GBAtemp Fan

Indonesia
    i'm used gbaexploader ver0.58b with 3in1 EZ-Flash on EDGE. before, i'm using 4GB memory card and everything seems normal. but when i'm changing my memory card to 8GB i have this problem.
    gbaexploader doesn't indicate my save data ( i think it's normal because i only copy paste all my data from the old memory card into the new memory card). but when playing gba game, the game didn't find any save data (failed to save). i think maybe it's best to leave them alone for a while. so, i play my nds game. in the middle of playing, my game crash (seems work normally before) and i reset my DS. but in next booting, my screen load a GBA game without i noticed and crash after the logo. it happend every time i reset my game. so, i removed 3in1 EZ-Flsh from slot-2 and the problem didn't show anymore.
    what is my problem here? i didn't think it's from my EDGE or memory card.

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Some slot1 carts don't make the desired folders needed for exploader. you will have to make the folders needed before you can use exploader.

The crashing issue is either you didn't patch the game correctly or your trying to load a 32MB game into the 16MB PSRAM space.

3. shinnyuuya
    OP

Indonesia
    i have the desired folder and only placed a game below 8mb. or maybe it's from my 3in1 EZ-Flash? actualy i have been used it for a years. maybe it's because the battery?

4. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    Follow link in sig to 3in1 info, at the very bottom of the first post is the critera for determining a dead battery.

5. shinnyuuya
    OP

Indonesia
    thanks for your advice I may try it right away.

6. Panic101

Member Panic101 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Try these steps I compiled maybe they can help you.

How To Troubleshoot Your Flashcart:

STEP 1: Make sure you're not using the card reader that comes with the flashcart. Buy your own. Always use the "Add/Remove Hardware Safely" function before removing the reader.
    STEP 2: Check your microSD card for smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
    STEP 3: Check your Flashcart for any abrasions or smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
    STEP 4: Possibly, your Flashcart is not making perfect contact the DS. Try the "Paper Shim Trick" to close the gap and make the space tighter.
    STEP 5: Copy all of your games and saves off your microsd card to your computer (BACKUP). Download the latest "Panasonic SD Formatter" and do a full format with this application. Install the latest firmware again from a different/reliable site. Then add on your games and saves to the newly formatted card.
    STEP 6: If the latest firmware doesn't work sometimes downgraded firmwares can achieve working results. Try downgrading, if it doesn't resolve just go back up to the latest firmware again.
    STEP 7: There are times where the official firmware for your specific cart isn't up to par with the alternatives created. Try a legit alternative firmware for your flashcart. eg, (DSTT/R4 -->YSMENU), (Acekard--->AKAIO), (M3 DS Real---> Sakura) so forth..
    STEP 8: If you're using cheats maybe they are faulty. Get rid of them and get them from a reliable source.
    Or just dont put them on period.
    STEP 9: Possibly the "GAMES/ROMS" you have are faulty. Obtain ones from a new location...
    STEP 10: Try another DS. If possible.
    STEP 11: If all else fails, get a new Flashcart and/or MicroSD Card from a reputable site.

Tell us if it works or not~ Good luck.

7. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    Nice canned response of cut and paste, unfortunately your not on the same topic.

We are talking about the slot2 device not the slot1.

8. Panic101

Member Panic101 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My apologies, ignore my post then. Carry on.