OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, i'm getting a 3in1 in the mail in about a week (takes a week to deliver during New Year's), but I don't know exactly what i'll need installed onto my R4 so I can use the 3in1 for what I want....

So........

I'd like to load GB, GBC, GBA, and NES games without the use of an emulator (I know GBA Exploader does this, and for some reason even the NES games had the GBA Exploader Icon and when I tried to load them they said the expansion wasn't in it....
And why I want to load all of those without an emulator is because I don't like the emulators and some GBC/GB games I play fuck up for some reason in the emulators)... And then use the thing for the ram expansion for the Nintendo DS Browser (or better homebrew browser if there is one) and snemulds.... And then maybe use the vibration stuffs or whatever.

What stuff do I need on my cart to do this?
And does it help that i'm probably gonna be switching from DSision2 and YSMenu version Idon'tfreakinknow to the latest version of YSMenu?

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used mine in a while but... I'll try to remember.

I have no idea how to do it without an emulator, but:
For GBA games, I know you had to have this .NDS file that you launched from your flash cart called GBA Exp Loader (As you said). If I remember right, you just need to put your GBA roms in a folder, launch that, and go to the directory on your cart to find the folder, and it launches it from there.

Good luck. It came with no instructions/software, and I never got it to save for me.

I never tried SNES games with it. I remember using an emulator called SNemulDS, and there was a setting to use an expansion pack (I didn't have mine at the time).

Also, what emulators did you use for GB/GBC games? I used one called Lameboy, and it worked fine.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
I haven't used mine in a while but... I'll try to remember.

I have no idea how to do it without an emulator, but:
For GBA games, I know you had to have this .NDS file that you launched from your flash cart called GBA Exp Loader (As you said). If I remember right, you just need to put your GBA roms in a folder, launch that, and go to the directory on your cart to find the folder, and it launches it from there.

Good luck. It came with no instructions/software, and I never got it to save for me.

I never tried SNES games with it. I remember using an emulator called SNemulDS, and there was a setting to use an expansion pack (I didn't have mine at the time).

Also, what emulators did you use for GB/GBC games? I used one called Lameboy, and it worked fine.
I use lameboy for GB/GBC games, but some games like Who Wants to be a Millionaire and Xena: Warrior Princess have graphical freak outs if I try to make the screen bigger.

And I don't have to launch a .nds file for the GBA exploader..... All of my .gb, .gbc, and .nes files already have the GBA Exploader icon and selecting them makes them pop up a thing that says that I need an expansion pack. I don't have a .nds file named GBA Exploader, actually. LOL DSision2 came with the GBA Exploader though so I don't know how to set everything up....

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
what i do is use gba exploder
you just put the gbaexploer.nds on to the card and use that to boot the gba roms in either of the memories - on of them writes to the card and is good for bigger games and then can be run straight off the gba slot

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
deathking said:
what i do is use gba exploder
you just put the gbaexploer.nds on to the card and use that to boot the gba roms in either of the memories - on of them writes to the card and is good for bigger games and then can be run straight off the gba slot
But I like what I can do now... You know, with the loading the game directly instead of going through a .nds file to load the games........ I mean, I can't exactly do it do it, but you get what I mean. It's possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.