Hacking 3DSXL faulty touch panel eshop transfer

hashcheck1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I will start this thread stating I am 32yrs old and experienced with soldering/dev/hacking. After some technical answers. I have a white 3DSXL with a capture card installed and the touch screen is faulty. On the 3ds motherboard where the touch screen flex goes in the connector and a resistor has come off the board due to placement of the capture card. This 3ds has over $800 of games installed and I want to find a way I can either do a system transfer without touch screen or hexedit nand. I have another red 3dsxl which is on fw 4.4 and have nand dumps of 4.4 6.2 & 6.3. Does anyone on here have technical know how of how touch input circuit operates? Just want to transfer games off this unit scrap for parts.

hashcheck1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks but issue is on the mother board where the touch screen plugs in. Connector not there and resistor below it. ?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can solder the connection point from the other side of the board directly to the touch screen flex cable if you have to.

Your really missing the zif connector on the mainboard?
touchscreen_connection_point.jpg

hashcheck1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yup zif socket has gone along with resistor it connects to. I believe when capture card was installed it has heated up that point as the usb connection for board is directly above the zif connector. i have tried with soldering wires directly but its still not functional :( i guess ill write it off as a loss and not use eshop until a account system is in place. just use gateway 3ds until then. it more sucks to lose my miiplaza progress and saves :(
(

buckchow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup zif socket has gone along with resistor it connects to.
Can you post a picture of exactly what's happening on your board? Hopefully that will help anybody on here who repairs 3DS systems to give you the best advice possible. What you've described sounds reasonable to repair to me, but I can't be sure until I've seen it. :)

hashcheck1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
will do tonight mate!! thanks for your help. I make Snes Repros so small soldering doesn't scare me just think because resistor is gone its not really easily fixed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo