Hacking 3DS's quality on acekard

Hallongrotta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, so I just got my Acekard 2i today for my 3DS today and after setting it all up, everything works just fine but one thing that I've noticed is it's quality. The quality doesn't look too much for a DS game, much more like a GBA game or something.

Is it my cheap micro SD that I used for it, or is it just always like this? Thanks.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's how all DS cartridges/games look on the 3DS. looks rather stretched as opposed to optimized and this is a fault of hardware and different screen sizes within the 3DS.

However, you can press and hold select + start while you boot up your 3DS to get better quality. However, you sacrifice screen size for greater quality.

Hope this answers your question.
smile.gif

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's only a problem with the 3DS. Not sure how it works, either, since the DSi XL screen is a bit bigger and looks a ton better for DS games.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
DS games in general aren't that pretty. We are talking about a handheld system from 2004.

kthnxshwn said:
It's only a problem with the 3DS. Not sure how it works, either, since the DSi XL screen is a bit bigger and looks a ton better for DS games.
The DSi XL has the same resolution which is why it's not stretched.

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:
DS games in general aren't that pretty. We are talking about a handheld system from 2004.

kthnxshwn said:
The DSi XL has the same resolution which is why it's not stretched.
it's not stretched because all they did was increase the size of the pixels, most DS games look bloky on a DSi XL because of that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto