Hacking 3dslink just released a firmware

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
But will these clone teams actually support the cards and not just have one update and go silent?

Like I said on other similar topic,
R4i Gold Team have always been really good in supporting their products.
3DS Link and R4i Gold Deluxe already have an firmware update.
It's early to say anything, but I believe R4i Gold Team will support
both 3DS Link and R4i Gold as long as they can.
They will probably copy most of the gateway features but will end up as a decent alternative.

Rinth

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Gateway is supposedly still testing their 2.0.

On the other hand this new team already released a new firmware. Imagine how much testing it could have went through, ey? They also were desperate enough to send new accounts to advertise on forums, and create 3DS Link - basically two brands from the same people. These behaviours are clearly intended to mislead and were not of good faith.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

On the other hand this new team already released a new firmware. Imagine how much testing it could have went through, ey? They also were desperate enough to send new accounts to advertise on forums, and create 3DS Link - basically two brands from the same people. These behaviours are clearly intended to mislead and were not of good faith.

I'm a little surprised that Gateway stated that before any user in this forum could made that conclusion.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not sure what side you're on...

_V1qY

Trophies
XP
Country
Stop bashing the 3DS Link by looking at the negatives, man! 3DS Link has the same latest firmware with compatibility as the latest GW 1.2 firmware. However it is allowed to be linked to here.

It is clear that it is better at the moment. There is no reason to buy a more expensive Chinese Gateway than a 3DS Link.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop bashing the 3DS Link by looking at the negatives, man! 3DS Link has the same latest firmware with compatibility as the latest GW 1.2 firmware. However it is allowed to be linked to here.

It is clear that it is better at the moment. There is no reason to buy a more expensive Chinese Gateway than a 3DS Link.

"Stop bashing the 3DS Link by looking at the negatives" Lol, says the guy bashing the Gateway.

Reactions: IronClouds

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Gateway 2.0 isn't the same as 3DS Link and R4i Gold Deluxe 2.0
3DS Link and R4i Gold Deluxe just adapted the 1.2 firmware update of gateway to their carts.

Reactions: the_randomizer

_V1qY

Trophies
XP
Country
Or at least have a high failure rate. Why go with clones in the first place? Are people so hellbent on not supporting the Gateway?
What are you basing this off? The clones could be made with better components for all you know. You are a clear fanboy. I'm sorry.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway 2.0 isn't the same as 3DS Link and R4i Gold Deluxe 2.0
3DS Link and R4i Gold Deluxe just adapted the 1.2 firmware update of gateway to their carts.

Exactly! Their "updates" are basically releases of Gateway's existing firmware. So they basically decided the moment they wanted to "update" to a newer firmware by taking Gateway's work (and install instruction screenshots) and slapping their name on it. <sarcarm>I'd say that's a team that's hard at work.</sarcasm>

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you basing this off? The clones could be made with better components for all you know. You are a clear fanboy. I'm sorry.

If I'm a fanboy for supporting the Gateway, that makes you one for supporting the 3D Link. I'd love to see proof that clones are better, they don't even use anything different than what the GW team uses for its firmware. Calm your tits, broksy.

_V1qY

Trophies
XP
Country
If I'm a fanboy for supporting the Gateway, that makes you one for supporting the 3D Link. Stop trying to use reverse logic.
Lol, I don't have either cards. My opinion is completely unbiased; I just think that the 3DS Link is going to be better than the Gateway.

You probably preordered the Crown 3DS before you bought the Gateway, now you can't bare to admit that you wasted more money now that an even more recent card has come out.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, I don't have either cards. My opinion is completely unbiased; I just think that the 3DS Link is going to be better than the Gateway.

You probably preordered the Crown 3DS before you bought the Gateway, now you can't bare to admit that you wasted more money now that an even more recent card has come out.

I didn't order anything, so ha. And it's "bear" not "bare". Bare means naked. "Unbiased" Lol yeah right. Unbiased means you are neither for or against, but you're clearly against the GW, therefore, you just invalidated your own argument. You would be prudent to stop while you're ahead because your arguments are getting you nowhere.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Exactly! Their "updates" are basically releases of Gateway's existing firmware. So they basically decided the moment they wanted to "update" to a newer firmware by taking Gateway's work (and install instruction screenshots) and slapping their name on it. <sarcarm>I'd say that's a team that's hard at work.</sarcasm>

Hold on, you say like it's a piece of cake to do it.
It's not that easy. First, they needed to find a usable exploit, reverse engineer Gateway to create an 3DS flashcart.
adapt the update to their cart and release it.

To say the truth I'm surprised they've done it in such limited time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo