guitarburger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello,

Without cause or reason (I didn't open it), one day my New 3DS started holding in the ZR Button constantly. It's not an on/off thing, there's never been a time since when the ZR Button has not been held in.

So, I opened it up for the first time and tried plugging it in the cable that connects the ZR button backwards (hoping I might be able to use my home menu as it just scrolls constantly to the right) however after plugging it in backwards BOTH the ZR and R button get held in constantly, so I put it back.

Recently, I ordered a new ZR button and a new ZR and R button flex cable which connects to the board. (Pictured below)

However, after replacing the ZR Button and ZR Flex cable, taking out the old one and putting it back together, the ZR Button is still being held in constantly.

However, after doing this, I noticed that also (occasionally) the Select button would be newly held in after replacing the ZR Flex cable with the new one. As well as this, I've observed that with the new flex cable inserted, when charging the system, the Orange charge light would somewhat flicker very subtly or strobe slightly while charging.

Does anyone know what part of the boards inside could be causing this?

Attachments

• Sd1e68319ee544295a6d4a05b5d0f101a9.jpg
    Sd1e68319ee544295a6d4a05b5d0f101a9.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 24

guitarburger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
UPDATE:

I switched from the new ZR button and flex cable, back to the original ZR flex cable, as the original was a bit less clicky and loud.

There was no change either way and the ZR button is stuck in either way.

However, after replacing it with the original one, something strange happened, when I went to charge it afterwards, the top screen showed the charging logo and was in fact charging, but the orange charge LED was completely off.

Then, a few moments later, I went to show someone my 3DS by turning it around suddenly, and it went black and hasn't turned on since.

Hopefully it's something small which is not plugged/movement based and I don't need to replace anything more. I noticed that both the ZR flex cable and Select button both plug into the ABXY board on the right side of the 3DS.

The battery also plugs directly into that.

Is it possible a battery could wrongly charge or short circuit a board to act incorrectly?

Or must it be a fault with the ABXY board, and the battery being faulty could not cause this?

Not sure if I should look into a new ABXY board or a new battery.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Hey, VSauce. Where are your fingers?