Hardware 3ds xl water damage fixable?

cbright09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is a 3ds xl fixable if there was water damage I have a friend that I may buy his xl off of him and was curious if it's repairable thanks.

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Erm. There is no way to tell until you actually try. And I don't think you can try fixing it without first buying it off your friend. It's a risk. I mean you can't simply say "I'll pay you peanuts for your broken 3ds after and if I can fix it"

Reactions: SmileCitrus

SmileCitrus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on how much liquid and where. What often happens is that if the console sits wet for too long corrosion builds up on the contacts in the ZIF connectors, which means that even if the screens and other parts are undamaged, the console won't recognize that they are connected. If this happens it can be very difficult or impossible to repair.

Yet on other occasions liquid damage is easy to fix with a thorough cleaning of the motherboard with isopropyl alcohol. It all depends on the way in which the liquid spread around, so it's really just a matter of luck. There's not really any way to tell without opening it up, but if you can see liquid marks on the screen itself, I'd suggest staying away from the deal unless it's very cheap, since that would suggest it was a large amount of water.

cbright09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Erm. There is no way to tell until you actually try. And I don't think you can try fixing it without first buying it off your friend. It's a risk. I mean you can't simply say "I'll pay you peanuts for your broken 3ds after and if I can fix it"
Yeah I know thought about doing that just don't wanna put to much time or money into it tho but thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-