3ds XL un\common Screen defect?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Thomas83Lin, Sep 4, 2012.

Sep 4, 2012
  1. Thomas83Lin
    OP

Member Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

United States
    http://techforums.ni...om/thread/16536
    [​IMG](Not my Pic)
    Just curious if anyone else has had this problem, how common it is. were it looks like something is under the screen.
    I'll be taking my 3ds xl back to gamestop later today as i have the same problem listed in the link above but mine is bigger and in the center of my top screen very annoying. and before someone asks no its not a scratch or smudge it doesn't clean off.

Hopefully i'll get mine replaced without a hassle from gamestop. Originally i had called Nintendo but they wanted me to wait 2 weeks to see if the spot grew on me. before sending it in.lol I'll update this post rather or not it gets replaced from gamestop. i've only had it for 4 days :(

2. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Huh, it looks like there was something under it when it was manufactured.

3. Thomas83Lin
    OP

United States
    Yea i'd say your right, i thought it was dust until i tried cleaning it to put on my screen protectors. looks like a bunch of little dots under the screen. which when its on looks like a brown blur in the effected area.

4. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Sucks dick man, i hope you dont have a hard time replacing it.

5. Thomas83Lin
    OP

United States
    Gamestop ended up replacing the 3ds for a new one, plus they let me purchase the extended year warranty ($20), should have done so the first time around. but yea GameStop ftw.

6. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    If you use credit card you wouldn't need extended warranty protection. 95% of credit card comes with extended warranty protection.

Anyway my 3DS XL has this weird screen defect, a vertical white-ish line for the bottom screen. Sent it in for repair, waiting for Nintendo's response.