Homebrew 3ds xl turn on but wont boot

zero10593

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, hope that anyone can help me, my 3ds wont boot after turning it on, the light is blue but the screen stay black and does not make sound, it has cfw but I did it a looong time ago like 8 years ago that I don remember what I did, I remember that if the SD is not inserted the 3ds wont boot for safety
Post automatically merged:

This is my 3ds SD card
Hope it helps

Attachments

• 20230429_141222.jpg
    20230429_141222.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 55

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, hope that anyone can help me, my 3ds wont boot after turning it on, the light is blue but the screen stay black and does not make sound, it has cfw but I did it a looong time ago like 8 years ago that I don remember what I did, I remember that if the SD is not inserted the 3ds wont boot for safety
Post automatically merged:

This is my 3ds SD card
Hope it helps
I assume you downloaded the latest Luma3DS version and placed it on the root of the sdcard? It's apparent from the file modification date..
Anyway, you sound like you are still on a9lh, not sure why you updated Luma3DS, if it was there already (old version), unless you did so in hopes of getting it to boot? What made the old Luma3DS file not work in the first place? Or was it just missing?
Get Luma3DS from here and copy/paste its boot.firm file on the root of the sdcard, and try again. You'd need to update to b9s afterwards.

zero10593

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume you downloaded the latest Luma3DS version and placed it on the root of the sdcard? It's apparent from the file modification date..
Anyway, you sound like you are still on a9lh, not sure why you updated Luma3DS, if it was there already (old version), unless you did so in hopes of getting it to boot? What made the old Luma3DS file not work in the first place? Or was it just missing?
Get Luma3DS from and copy/paste its boot.firm file on the root of the sdcard, and try again. You'd need to update to afterwards.
I hoped that updating luma would work as i saw on other post that it may be damaged, already downloaded the files but to be honest I dont know what to do, do I copy all the files just some :(

sorry been out of the loop of my 3ds for a long while, as it was working fine and out of nowhere stop working
^ Try that. If that doesn't wor, I would reccomend re-hacking. :)
I think that would be the easy option but the 3ds wont boot at all

thanks for answering and help

zero10593

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you copy Luma3DS v7.0.5 to the root of the sdcard, the one i linked to it above?
Yes the one you link, copy/pasted as it was on the file as it is to de root, all 6 files(folders and files) and still nothing, starting to think my 3ds briked :( or most likely I am doing something wrong

alimazhar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I have the same problem ,. i have 128 gb sd card fat32 working fine before, one day when i turn on my 3ds after long long time. it didn't boot with sd card now , it turn on without sd card ok but with sd card in it didn't boot ,., and time always reset to year 2000 ,. i think its cmos battery is dead ? may be this is the issue ?
when i want to rehack the 3ds the godmode 9 didnt work with sd card in, and after booting to godmode without sd card and then i insert sd card it same there is no scripts in gm9 folder ,. i put it in sd card myself.
plssssss need help ,., what should i do ?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
,., and time always reset to year 2000 ,. i think its cmos battery is dead ?
That happens when the battery gets depleted, and it's unrelated to your issue. Also not the cmos battery because the 3ds doesn't have any.
may be this is the issue ?
No. What you need to do now is pop your sd card into your pc and look if all the files are there, copy them somewhere safe on your pc, empty the sdcard then check it with h2testw for errors, It will tell you if it's dying.
when i want to rehack the 3ds
You don't need to "rehack" it in order to fix this issue, also it won't do you any good if you do, and most likely'll make things even more difficult/ complicated.
the godmode 9 didnt work with sd card in, and after booting to godmode without sd card and then i insert sd card it same there is no scripts in gm9 folder
It's a possibility that the sd card went corrupt, and it corrupted gm9 and possibly other data on your sd card. Luma3DS as well since it doesn't boot.
,. i put it in sd card myself.
Then? Or just now when you're trying to fix it?
Regardless, do the h2testw as i instructed above, it'll tell you if your sd card is good to use or if it's the one causing this problem.

Reactions: alimazhar

missing_lynxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there!

I'm having the same issue as OP but with an unmodded new 2ds xl. I haven't found a solution yet but i tried taking out the game card and sd card, and it made no difference. The system turns on, but the screens remain black, theres no audio. The blue light turns on, and so does the charging light when plugged in. When turned on, the system will remain on until turned off, though I stopped waiting to see if something would happen after about ten minutes of letting it sit powered on while doing other things.

It sucks, hoping to find a lead on something soon, figured i'd put it out there just for the record incase im not alone in this problem

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there!

I'm having the same issue as OP but with an unmodded new 2ds xl. I haven't found a solution yet but i tried taking out the game card and sd card, and it made no difference. The system turns on, but the screens remain black, theres no audio. The blue light turns on, and so does the charging light when plugged in. When turned on, the system will remain on until turned off, though I stopped waiting to see if something would happen after about ten minutes of letting it sit powered on while doing other things.

It sucks, hoping to find a lead on something soon, figured i'd put it out there just for the record incase im not alone in this problem
It was never modded then it could be some hardware issue..
What's the last you did with it before it stopped working?
Can you access the recovery mode, when holding A+R+L+Dpad up on boot?

missing_lynxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was playing a digital copy of Omega Ruby when it froze, then i shut the system off because it was the only input the system took in its frozen state, happened before, so i didnt think much of it.
Incase its relevant, i installed the latest update that day as well, and my sd card is 32GB.
I tried a couple times to get into recovery mode, but it does the same thing as before

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Incase its relevant,
"Relevant" as in it could be modded, or it was modded before? Well there's a way to check if the system has cfw, just follow this.
And for if it was modded and cfw was removed afterwards (without following the uninstallation guide), you can't really know for sure, and it's unlikely it's the case here, it just doesn't make sense for an issue to reveal itself now all of a sudden..
i installed the latest update that day as well,
Don't think that caused it, since you said the freezing happened during playing OR.
and my sd card is 32GB.
Hmm.. I'd suggest backing up your data somewhere safe on your pc, and emptying the sd card then checking it with h2testw to make sure it's not faulty. Though even if the sd card was indeed faulty it shouldn't prevent the 3ds booting up, and the opposite is true if the 3ds still has cfw installed..
I tried a couple times to get into recovery mode, but it does the same thing as before
Meaning you get nothing and just a black screen?

missing_lynxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"relevant" just as in might be useful information. It was never modded, bought it brand new. I was planning on modding it at some point but never got around to it.
I'll back up my information and stuff. And yes it would only boot into the same black screen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1