Hardware 3DS XL Price List

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We had the best deal at futureshop here in Canada. Trade 5 select games get 3DS XL free..

The list of games was large and it wasnt too hard to find 5 that could be bought new for 10-20 each which means if you were lucky you got your 3DS XL for 50 - 100$!!! :) Of course this trade deal only lasted a couple days after launch.

It's true, and the games didn't have to be new, they could be used... I don't understand how they could offer this deal. Can they really make that much money out of these 5 used games, selling them back?

geoGolem

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We had the best deal at futureshop here in Canada. Trade 5 select games get 3DS XL free..

The list of games was large and it wasnt too hard to find 5 that could be bought new for 10-20 each which means if you were lucky you got your 3DS XL for 50 - 100$!!! :) Of course this trade deal only lasted a couple days after launch.

It's true, and the games didn't have to be new, they could be used... I don't understand how they could offer this deal. Can they really make that much money out of these 5 used games, selling them back?
lol, I doubt it.

I bought all 5 games at futureshop new or used for 15$ each + taxes... I dont see how they could sell them for any more after I traded them in they shipped around to a warehouse for inspection were resealed with FS used packaging and sent back out to stores.

As a matter of fact, if you did trade in "new" games, they would open them up and treat them as used lol...

Pyrii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

lol, I doubt it.

I bought all 5 games at futureshop new or used for 15$ each + taxes... I dont see how they could sell them for any more after I traded them in they shipped around to a warehouse for inspection were resealed with FS used packaging and sent back out to stores.

As a matter of fact, if you did trade in "new" games, they would open them up and treat them as used lol...

We had a thing here in the UK where GAME were getting their employees during their lunchbreak to buy 3DS + Game bundles from Tescos to bring back and resell as pre-owned. And given GAME sometimes charge the same or above "New" price for their pre-owned they were making a profit from the resale. This was during the first few weeks so prices of new and pre-owned were very high.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-29-game-staff-told-to-buy-3ds-from-tesco

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Wow that Amazon deal is good. Especially if you don't already own any of those games.

Yeah its ok if you don't own any of the games, but in my case i own all of them so :S

GAME will do £15 trade-in for Zelda or Super Mario. They don't take game condition into account though so you might be better finding a place that does.
Gamestation = GAME

Cex give more trade in value, i would never give any of my games to game, they always give me thier leaflet and i chuck them in the bin, they always make around 75% profit out of you so i tend to scratch the discs and then give it to them, serves them right for trying to rip us off.

Anyways i won't be getting the xl for another two weeks now, that will give me time to see if any deals arise and to wait for items i want to restock.

Pyrii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cex give more trade in value, i would never give any of my games to game, they always give me thier leaflet and i chuck them in the bin, they always make around 75% profit out of you so i tend to scratch the discs and then give it to them, serves them right for trying to rip us off.

Anyways i won't be getting the xl for another two weeks now, that will give me time to see if any deals arise and to wait for items i want to restock.

I have a friend who works in GAME who berates the trade-in system too. And the state of the discs that come in, but every store has a machine to repair them. Controllers are the worst though as they tend to have all sorts of gunk on or even IN them.......

I accidentally ordered a 3DS XL from Amazon with Zelda. I decided "screw it" and let it stay. So I used my GAME points to buy an adaptor for £2.50 and left it at that.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I have a friend who works in GAME who berates the trade-in system too. And the state of the discs that come in, but every store has a machine to repair them. Controllers are the worst though as they tend to have all sorts of gunk on or even IN them.......

I accidentally ordered a 3DS XL from Amazon with Zelda. I decided "screw it" and let it stay. So I used my GAME points to buy an adaptor for £2.50 and left it at that.

yeah i wouldn't even touch any of those controllers with a barge pole and they charge near around the brand new price too and give you £15 trade for a £50 controller, it's disgusting.

and cool, are you going to keep zelda or trade it in?

Pyrii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

yeah i wouldn't even touch any of those controllers with a barge pole and they charge near around the brand new price too and give you £15 trade for a £50 controller, it's disgusting.

and cool, are you going to keep zelda or trade it in?
Keep, I don't like trading in games, I buy to keep. Just seems a waste of money to trade it in.

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: I still continue to try to hunt down US retailers in the hopes of this thread getting more favoured attention from the forumers. I've added a few to the list today. Not that they're much help, the price across the board in the US seems to be $200 before tax.

This may (or may not) help: Gamestop is still doing a trade-in for 3DSXL where you get $40 for the Lite, $50 for the DSi, $60 for the DSiXL, and $100 for the 3DS towards it. This runs, I believe, through September 16th and, for once, the prices they're offering aren't too far off what they typically go for on eBay (they're close enough that the hassle factor isn't worth it).

(I'm probably going to break and trade in my Lite and one of my 3DS' to get an XL, but I've been strong to this point!)

Pyrii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT: I still continue to try to hunt down US retailers in the hopes of this thread getting more favoured attention from the forumers. I've added a few to the list today. Not that they're much help, the price across the board in the US seems to be $200 before tax.

This may (or may not) help: Gamestop is still doing a trade-in for 3DSXL where you get $40 for the Lite, $50 for the DSi, $60 for the DSiXL, and $100 for the 3DS towards it. This runs, I believe, through September 16th and, for once, the prices they're offering aren't too far off what they typically go for on eBay (they're close enough that the hassle factor isn't worth it).

(I'm probably going to break and trade in my Lite and one of my 3DS' to get an XL, but I've been strong to this point!)
Sounds quite good if you want to upgrade rather than add to your collection. I checked the EAN of a trade in at GAME and my DS Lite would only fetch £20 XDDD

A good question to ask is if the system you're trading in was sold to you at the price you're trading it in for, would you buy it. A DS Lite for £20 is a bargain, so I'll keep it. So how much would you pay to keep your current DS?

My 3DSXL shipped today So I shall have a Phat, Lite and 3DSXL now.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I ordered some accessories yesterday but all places i go to the 3ds charger is nearly £10! Ebay sellers are charging £17 for a charger! So i said screw that i will use my dsi xl one instead when i sell my 3ds, i hardly use my dsi xl anyway so in a way i will be saving money, there is no way i am paying £17 for a simple charger, thats a rip off, does anyone know if the cheap third party chargers are any good? They sell forf £3 but am not sure if they end up blowing up my new 3ds xl :S

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sounds quite good if you want to upgrade rather than add to your collection. I checked the EAN of a trade in at GAME and my DS Lite would only fetch £20 XDDD

I swear it was less than that, the last time i checked game offered £17 TRADE for a dsi xl LMAO such legal crooks its unbelievable.

Pyrii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I ordered some accessories yesterday but all places i go to the 3ds charger is nearly £10! Ebay sellers are charging £17 for a charger! So i said screw that i will use my dsi xl one instead when i sell my 3ds, i hardly use my dsi xl anyway so in a way i will be saving money, there is no way i am paying £17 for a simple charger, thats a rip off, does anyone know if the cheap third party chargers are any good? They sell forf £3 but am not sure if they end up blowing up my new 3ds xl :S

DId you look at the list here? I've listed prices for the chargers, most places charge £6.99. I ordered one from GAME and used all my points to bring it down to £2.50. It should arrive before my 3DSXL does with any luck XD

Whipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have found a USB charging cable inexpensive and convenient for charging from so many usb sources.
(i.e computer, blue tooth earphone charger, wall wart USB power supply, cell phone charger, GPS charger, mobile USB supply that goes in the cigarette lighter power socket in the car, etc.)
I would never purchase a single purpose power supply specifically for a 3DS/DSiXL now that USB has become a defacto standard here in the US.

Izzy011

The Business Bitch
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS XL Red or Blue

$179.99 USD at Frys.com

"Prices Are Good Starting September 7, 2012, Through September 13, 2012 and While Supplies Last."
I thought the Fry's weekly ads were just for in store purchases. I didn't know you could order online. :c

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
3DS XL Red or Blue

$179.99 USD at Frys.com

"Prices Are Good Starting September 7, 2012, Through September 13, 2012 and While Supplies Last."
I thought the Fry's weekly ads were just for in store purchases. I didn't know you could order online. :c

Based on the Frys.com site, the prices are good for only online purchases. In-store prices vary based on their own weekly offers in their respective areas.

Pyrii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
3DS XL Red or Blue

$179.99 USD at Frys.com

Based on the Frys.com site, the prices are good for only online purchases. In-store prices vary based on their own weekly offers in their respective areas.

Same thing happens here with alot of stores, tis why I links HotUKDeals where a lot of daily in-store offers get posted. I don't know of a US equivalent.

Lurker2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is actually 186.99 shipped from Frys. There is going to be a $40 gaming coupon offer for a 3DS XL at K-Mart soon, which is a lot better then Frys in my opinion.

Reactions: Rasas

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, JonTron's back yet again until he disappears into the void for another 6 or...