3DS XL Nub behaving strangly

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by bobmcjr, Aug 27, 2013.

1. bobmcjr
    OP

bobmcjr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    So I noticed while playing kid icarus uprising I was having trouble doing a forward dash and went into settings and recalibrated the nub. Then, on the test screen to verify that the nub is working correctly, it does reach the full range of motion. However, according to the test, vertical movement of the nub is slow to reset to the center. The nub itself snaps back to the center properly, but can take over 6 seconds to slowly center itself according to the test. This does not happen for horizontal movement. Any ideas?

2. McFlurry

McFlurry GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2010
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    Did you already try recalibrating the nub via the System Settings? Maybe that'll work, otherwise, I have no idea.

3. Chaldron

Chaldron GBATemp's Official Attorney

Mar 29, 2013
    United States
    `Murica

Did you reply after seeing the title? He said he calibrated it already. (sorry if it came off as rude, that was not my intention)

I had 3DS nub issues too. I got my 3DS replaced by nintendo, because calibrating didn't fix it. Did you by chance clean your nub with a damp cloth? That's what I did and then it stopped working.

4. bobmcjr
    OP

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    No water exposed to it. Just a lot of kid icarus uprising :P. I cleaning it with a (dry) tooth brush didn't help either, though it did get some dirt out.

5. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    That reply, along with that PW profile pic just matched perfectly.

6. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    If you're tech savvy, try opening the thing up and cleaning it, maybe some crud got in there and is messing it up. But for normal people that's probably way too complicated (I wouldn't try it myself based on seeing some 3DS teardown vids).

7. bobmcjr
    OP

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    Already sent to the Big N. Hopefully they wont care that I have 237 hours of "Alex Rider Stormbreaker".