3ds xl mobo swap

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by anon3536, May 8, 2015.

1. anon3536
    OP

anon3536 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 4, 2012
    United States
    I am about to get a 3ds xl off a friend of mine for like 20 bucks, it runs v6.x and id like to change it over to my nes xl case, i was wondering if i can just switch the main mobo from the lower part with the one in the nes and just replug everything or if i would have to switch other internals as well

2. illicit

illicit GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2010
    United States
    you only need to swap the mainboard

3. anon3536
    OP

anon3536 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 4, 2012
    United States
    k thanks, also id like to know if there would be any clues as to what might just make the touch screen stop working all together, iv heard of dust getting stuck around the edges so i went around them to see if i could clean it and nothing happened

by working i mean responding to touch, visuals still work

4. anon3536
    OP

anon3536 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 4, 2012
    United States
    so i swapped the mobo from the system that was believe to have a bad touch screen and put it in the one that works and the touch screen still doesnt respond and the cables are plugged in all the way any ideas one what this could be?

5. ravihpa

ravihpa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 11, 2007
    India
    Well, from lurking around the 3DS nand mod thread, what I've read quite a lot is even though the cables SEEM to be properly seated to you, there might be some problem, so your best option right now would be to RESEAT the cables again and check.

Apart from that, am sure Avalynn or a skilled modder here at GBAtemp would be able to help you out :)

Best of luck :)

6. anon3536
    OP

anon3536 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 4, 2012
    United States
    i did that and it still doesnt do it, i also put the other mobo in the other housing that didnt seem to work, and it works perfectly fine

hmm i think possibly a bad update possibly didnt write the touch screen info properly and that would possibly cause this, now the problem becomes how do i update without a touch screen, all update prompts need a touch as far as i can tell so far